Headbands for Naturals?

Shine-On

What are you natural ladies using for your puffs? I am thinking it's some sort of elastic. The recycled stocking I'm using doesn't stay put once I push it back past a certain spot on my head.

Also, does anyone use the plastic headbands with the accordian teeth?

Thanks in advance :)

I use ouchless headbands. I have to double mine up for a tighter fit, although when they are "brand new" the fit can be a little too tight (too loose on my head if I don't double) and needs to be stretched out a bit for a more comfortable fit.

so1913 said:
I use ouchless headbands. I have to double mine up for a tighter fit, although when they are "brand new" the fit can be a little too tight (too loose on my head if I don't double) and needs to be stretched out a bit for a more comfortable fit.
Ditto.

I soaked one of ouchless headbands in hot water and then I wrapped it around a wide container to stretch it out.

Is there a technique to putting it on? How far back have you been able to go on your head? How far up in the back?

Poohbear said:
Ditto.

I soaked one of ouchless headbands in hot water and then I wrapped it around a wide container to stretch it out.

Interesting. Are you wearing one in your siggy?

ETA I think I've figured it out. It seems my difficulty wa due to my hair not being thick enough yet. I am off to buy the ouchless bands and see if they work better than my stocking. Thanks ladies!

Last edited:
Shine-On said:
Is there a technique to putting it on? How far back have you been able to go on your head? How far up in the back?

No real technique. I just position it based on how I want my puff positioned and the size, high, low, middle...they are very versitile, more so when the stretch out a little more. When the are new and tight they pretty much do their own thing and it's hard to control what your puff does, lol.

Poohbear said:
Ditto.

Thanks Pooh! I'll have to try this.

I use brastrap headbands for making puffs or a doubled up ouchless headband after it stretches. As far as technique, I comb my hair up in the puff direction then I pull the headband over my head then work it back up. I let the puff form with natural contour of my head.

i cut a leg from my tights/pantyhose and tie it as a headband at my nape, then push the front back and tighten as i go. I soak it with water and olive oil, it never fails me.

Can i get these ouchless bands in the UK? I'd like to try them....

Back