He looks good on paper

naturalmanenyc

:perplexed
Masters degree, executive 30 years old, 6 ft, single

Multiple exes, 3 kids, accuses you of being a gold digger (he's not rich), accuses you of trying to trap him (consensual sex, subsequent pregnancy, miscarriage)

Kicked you out multiple times (living at his place for a year); bullies you into paying bills at his place and brags about past girlfriends financially supporting him.

Maybe I'm confused but how is this "good on paper"?

What's the bkack story? Who says he's good?

"Good on paper" means very little. It just means judging a person by things on record (degree, career, credentials, etc).

The 3 kids thing kills him looking good on paper for me. Good on paper is checking all the boxes from an educational, career, lifestyle, looks standpoint. He clearly is raggedy LOL

The 3 kids thing kills him looking good on paper for me. Good on paper is checking all the boxes from an educational, career, lifestyle, looks standpoint. He clearly is raggedy LOL

Yep. Birth certificates are on record. 3 children kills his chances of being "good on paper".

He's only good on paper if you stop reading past the first line. Even if you went in blind, it wouldn't take long for the f'ery to manifest.

He's only good on paper if you stop reading past the first line. Even if you went in blind, it wouldn't take long for the f'ery to manifest.

This! Tiny humans are like a cease and desist on your "good on paper" designation. Also, no mention of ex wives. Not good at all.

The only thing that makes him mot look good on paper are the 3 kids if you're not into that. Other than that all those other things are personality flaws you wouldn't know them from just googling

In my experience, the ones that look "good on paper" have been the worst ones to deal with. Typically, if they are my age, single, and "look good on paper" there is definitely a reason and it does not involve any other person but himself :nono:

Last edited:
I am actually amazed at how many women I know in their late 20's who are college educated, entertaining men with 3 or 4 kids by multiple women. And have the nerve to think they are winning, cause they gotta man...

It's actually sad to me, but I learned long ago women don't like to hear nothing bad when it comes to they man, even the glaringly obvious...

honestly at 30 yrs old having a masters and being an executive is not unicorn status

nothing written about him would warrant a first look from me.... he is d list.....just reading this he wouldnt be an option

That is not "good on paper".

I went on two dates with a "good on paper" earlier this year. My friends cried a little when they found out he was bat ish crazy lol.

He is tall, good looking, working engineer, part-time lecturer working on his PhD, no children, never married, good background, no string of past relationships- very discerning with regards to relationships. However, he was crazy, which made his only "good on paper" or "in theory" but not realistic at all.

That is not "good on paper".

I went on two dates with a "good on paper" earlier this year. My friends cried a little when they found out he was bat ish crazy lol.

He is tall, good looking, working engineer, part-time lecturer working on his PhD, no children, never married, good background, no string of past relationships- very discerning with regards to relationships. However, he was crazy, which made his only "good on paper" or "in theory" but not realistic at all.

How was he crazy? Spill it, girl.

The most recent ex felt he looked good on paper. I do agree it was the MBA. I didn't know about the kids until later in the conversation.

Back