He lied and gave me a no lye relaxer instead oflye

kiwiny

Oh my god, I just called the salon i went and got a relaxer from last weekend and asked the receptionist what type of revlon relaxer they used on me. I simply wanted to know if they used fabulaxer or realistic. To my disbelief she told me "oh, we just use regular no-lye revlon". What a minute, NO LYE, the relaxer I had prior was affirm reg with lye and I told my stylist this information. No what the hell should I do. I heard no lye is not good for your hair and I don't want breakage. HELP?

I've been using no-lye relaxers all my life with no negative side effects, or extra breakage. As long as you are taking care of your hair, you will be fine.

I too have always used no-lye relaxers with no problems or breakage from it. The main thing is always keeping the hair conditioned and well moisturized, lye or no-lye.

Right no lye is fine if you were using no lye along but I don't know what happens if you mix the 2. You need to have a "conversation" with your hairdresser. I would be pissed!

Mixing the two caused, "making Nair in your hair" because of the breakage caused with mixing the two.
Just wait as long as possible before getting a touch up so that they don't overlap on to the no lye relaxer.

This happened to me before and I went from mid shoulder blade to ear length hair because of the breakage. My hair broke to 1/4 inch in places. Do lots of proteins immediately and condition and keep it moisturized. Now I did all of those things except the protein and I think that might have saved my hair. I remember it so well. It started with a small patch of broken hair that showed up within 3 days. I had gone for a wash and set at Dominicans and they well like what happened here? I thought nothing of it. By 3 weeks later my left side was gone and a 1/3 of the right was gone too. PLEASE CUSS HIM OUT AND DO PROTEINS.

Ditto on everything cutebajan said. I had hair a little past my shoulder blades, and i went to a stylist who gave me a no lye touch up when i had a lye relaxer in my hair. I'm rocking a cut that is a few inches below my ears right now because of the breakage that mishap caused. Needless to say I did not return to that stylist.
[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
This happened to me before and I went from mid shoulder blade to ear length hair because of the breakage. My hair broke to 1/4 inch in places. Do lots of proteins immediately and condition and keep it moisturized. Now I did all of those things except the protein and I think that might have saved my hair. I remember it so well. It started with a small patch of broken hair that showed up within 3 days. I had gone for a wash and set at Dominicans and they well like what happened here? I thought nothing of it. By 3 weeks later my left side was gone and a 1/3 of the right was gone too. PLEASE CUSS HIM OUT AND DO PROTEINS.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would also file a complaint with your state's board of cosmetology if he did it to you, then he is also doing it to others. If you do a search, you should come up with a page and from there you can get the application, fill it in with as much information as possible send pictures if you can and they will investigate his unethical practices.

Back