Hazards of LHCF . . .

Glib Gurl

This is all in good fun!

1. There is always some new product you just have to try.
2. You are forever doing laundry because you need fresh towels for all the washes, co-washes, rinses, treatments, etc.
3. Your bathroom countertop, hall closets, bureaus, and any other shelf space is flooded with products, all of them opened, only a few of them actually used on the regular.
4. You have to skip social events during the week because it's your night to deep condition.

Please add more as you think of them . . . . :grin:

I have buy a new storage cabinet to store all of my products. Between hair, skin, and bath and body products, I have no room.

I am always on the lookout for Ulta and Trade Secret sales and coupons. I have a list and I plan my trips once a month.

I am praying that my job doesn't have any of that "internet spying" equipment that will let them see how much time I'm spending on here.

1) Sub-consciously doing price comparisons on products
2) Weekly visits to local BSS to see if they got in any new products
3) On a 1st name basis w/the Fed Ex, UPS, and USPS delivery people
4) Constantly standing in the bathroom mirror doing something to refine your regimine
5) Taking copius notes and making product lists
6) Planning trip to NYC and taking an empty suitcase just for products - or is that just me? :lachen:

This is all in good fun!

1. There is always some new product you just have to try.
2. You are forever doing laundry because you need fresh towels for all the washes, co-washes, rinses, treatments, etc.
3. Your bathroom countertop, hall closets, bureaus, and any other shelf space is flooded with products, all of them opened, only a few of them actually used on the regular.
4. You have to skip social events during the week because it's your night to deep condition.

Please add more as you think of them . . . . :grin:

Here are some...

1. No matter where you go you start staring at any woman with long/thick/healthy hair and wondering should you ask "Are you Niko's Cousin?
  2. You budget money for hair products and appliances
  3. You start telling your hairstylist of 20 years what to do and how to do your hair. :grin:
  4. You feel funny if you are NOT wearing a protective style, even for a special occasion.

4) Constantly standing in the bathroom mirror doing something to refine your regimine
6) Planning trip to NYC and taking an empty suitcase just for products - or is that just me? :lachen:

Girl... the UPS guy knows me by name and knows my car.

taking more pictures and using twice as many batteries because u are trying to get the right shot to share with the ladies on the board.

wanting family members to do their hair because they see how you and your daughter's hair is growing

Eyunka, is that you in your siggy? you're gorgeous!

anyway, when you see a product you associate it with a certain member here cause they're always talking about it.

you diagnose people's hair in your head and prescribe medications!

you're always giving hair advice as soon as someone mentions anything to do with their hair.

you will never look at a stylist the same way again :look:

you will darn near jump for joy and break your neck to see your hair in a mirror if someone merely breathes that your hair grew longer. :drunk:

Eyunka, is that you in your siggy? you're gorgeous!

anyway, when you see a product you associate it with a certain member here cause they're always talking about it.

you diagnose people's hair in your head and prescribe medications!

you're always giving hair advice as soon as someone mentions anything to do with their hair.

beautiful girl!

Now know the sales staff at 3 different BSS by name - after they realized you spent so much time in the store not to steal, but to actually read the ingredients!:blush:

Give "hair products" gift basket as a way to lead your family and friends in the right direction for healthy hair. My sis had no conditioner in her house- no wonder her hair always looks so dry!:spinning:

You don't even glance at black hair magazines anymore because you know their advice is GARAGE!:nono:

You carry a list of products and hair goodies that you plan to buy!:lick:

I'm really feelin' ya on that one!:lachen:

I make a list to go to the bss.they lady knows me:lachen:its so sad i dont even make a list when i food shop.:nono:but i do when i go to the bss, and i save things i want to buy for my hair in my favorites on my laptop:blush:so i can get too them faster.

You will totally change your view of what "good" hair is and what "long" hair is. BSL used to be 'long' hair to be, but now I'm thinking it's more like MBL. The more my hair grows, the further away from being long it seems to get.:perplexed

Your SO/DH/BF will start noticing people's hair problems as much and you do and will start diagnosing what's wrong with different women he encounters.

Your friends and family will start asking you what you're doing to your hair, but they will take NONE of your advice. Instead get ready to be chastised for not using grease, washing your hair more frequently, deciding to go natural, and not getting trims every 2 weeks.

Eisani said
Weekly visits to local BSS to see if they got in any new products

Girl for real!

-Looking at your hair in every mirror you pass, trying to get a new angle on how long your hair has gotten

-You know what all 50-11 LHCF acronyms stand for! :grin:

Cute thread!

I make a list to go to the bss.they lady knows me:lachen:its so sad i dont even make a list when i food shop.:nono:but i do when i go to the bss, and i save things i want to buy for my hair in my favorites on my laptop:blush:so i can get too them faster.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

You spend the entire time of your weekly worship services staring at the back of folks heads thinking of what you would do if you could get your hands on them. There are two little boys at church that I want to deep condition so bad!:lachen:

I had to bump this up because I know I should be ashamed of myself for what I did the other day:spank: I checked UPS tracking and saw my package was delivered @ 10:00. I left work for the day just so I could go play in my new products...:ohwell: My hair looked good though!!

:look: Almost in a panic...tempted to count any little broken pieces, split ends and shedded strands on the sink, shower, comb or brush, before you remind yourself that it is okay. It was only a few.
:look: You hold your breath when you get a few strands of your hair caught in your sealt belt strap or purse strap. Then you quickly adjust and realize its okay.
:nono: Taking back decorative hair ornaments... like barretts and clips...after you try them at home only to find out that they pinch, catch or pull your hair. You should see my hair drawer!
:cry2:Ready to cry when dusting your ends and the scissors slip. Thank God for layers! No one noticed!
:love: Falling in love with the hair aisle in the drug store or your favorite website or BSS.
:nuts: Confused about a hair dilemma.

-Neglecting all your favorite blogs since joining.
-When at the grocery store, looking at items and wondering what they can do in your hair
-Going through every strand in your head to check for split ends
-Being in the market for a new camera so that I can show off my hair progress with nicer pictures
-Panicking when a strand comes out my head only to be relieved when I see a bulb at the end which signifies natural shedding

Last edited:
I had to bump this up because I know I should be ashamed of myself for what I did the other day:spank: I checked UPS tracking and saw my package was delivered @ 10:00. I left work for the day just so I could go play in my new products...:ohwell: My hair looked good though!!

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
I can see it now,
Eisani - "I have an emergency, I have to leave now."
Co-worker - "Oh wow, is everything ok?"
Eisani - "Well, my hair products just arrived and I need to use them on my hair to find out if they work."
Co-worker - :perplexed

BSS reminding you of products that you usually get so you buy them just in case you really really need some.

You get home from work at that same time that the UPS guy arrives. (I wish FED Ex would do that...working on that) anyhoo.

You schedule daily hair care in you appointment book like you are going to a meeting or something.

You have tons and tons of products but still need to try this or that product because your hair "NEEDS" it like it is on crack.:grin:

You spend the entire time of your weekly worship services staring at the back of folks heads thinking of what you would do if you could get your hands on them. There are two little boys at church that I want to deep condition so bad!:lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:LMAO!!

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
I can see it now,
Eisani - "I have an emergency, I have to leave now."
Co-worker - "Oh wow, is everything ok?"
Eisani - "Well, my hair products just arrived and I need to use them on my hair to find out if they work."
Co-worker - :perplexed

:lachen::lachen:Girl I had a very important dr appointment! If I didn't go right then I wouldn't be able to see the dr until January :ohwell: and what I have can't wait :lachen:.... I got the PJ-itis and don't wanna be cured!

Back