Hawaiian Silky Herbal Oil Moisturizer - Am I the Only Guinea Pig?

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I searched high and low on LHCF and couldn't find any info on this Hawaiian Silky Herbal Oil Misturizer so I'm thinking it must not be a hit. :nono: I ordered it from Sally's a few weeks ago but was reluctant to try it until last night. I find that I'll try a new leave-in closer to wash day just in case I hate it.

I know it's LOADED with mineral oil but we know that's one of those things where some people don't mind it and some don't. I absolutely LOVE the Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1 but was scared off by others saying not to use it if there's no humidity in the air so ever since Winter time I haven't been using it as much. But that 14-in-1 worked wonders for me in the Summer time.:yep:

Anywho, here's my review so far on the herbal oil moisturizer. I know it's too early to tell but here it is anyway:

PROS: :yep:
My hair has a shine out of this world!!
It has olive oil in it (high up on the ingredient list)
Relatively inexpensive (I think it was about $3.50)

CONS: :nono:
Mineral Oil high up on the ingredient list
Kinda oily (well, it IS an oil moisturizer so I guess that's to be expected)
It smells like hair grease!!! YUCK!! I feel like I just put a whole jar of Royal Crown grease in my hair!!! :swearing: I can't wait to go home to wash it tonight.

So I probably won't be using it again, mainly because of the smell.

HTH

my sister bought this, and the shampoo i think, but I know she really hated it, it was in the garbage the next day lol

my sister bought this, and the shampoo i think, but I know she really hated it, it was in the garbage the next day lol

LOL...I wish I woulda known this. Another product added to the pile. Oh well, I'll toss it off to one of my girlfriends who still uses hair grease :grin:

Back