Having a bad hair day

Anancy

I've only just realised how bad my hair really is :ohwell:

Im becoming frustrated with my hair, i guess because now that im paying more attention to how my hair looks and feels like i've finally come to realise that i need some sort of intervention.

My relaxed ends just look terrible, i feel like chopping them off but then i wouldn't know what to do with my hair at a short length, i love my hairbands too much.

I had to share my problem with you guys so i added some pics to my fotki (look under transitioning), my sis just laughed she couldn't believe her eyes. I think the ends are starting to break off now and that's probably why im noticing a huge difference. I bought LeKair cholesterol Strengthening conditioner thinking it would help but im not too sure now, i have only used it once though. Maybe i should try Aphogee, i just don't know what to do.

I love the Micro braids in your fotki. Very pretty.

The fact that you are wanting to work with your is a start. We all have bad hair days. I have plenty of them. I would do a protein treatment of your choice. Aphogee is a good one. Make sure it is a few weeks after your relaxer. Then use a heavy/deep conditioning moisturizer afterwards. Always use a deep conditioner and moisturizer for your hair after every shampoo to nurse your hair back to health. Try to do this once a week or more if you can fit it in. If the way your ends look bother you, then trim them. It is not necessary to cut your hair short. Since the braids look great on you, why not use that as your protective style until you reach a workable length that you can handle?

There are other ladies that may have experienced where you are in your hair journey. Hopefully, there will be some more suggestions added. But we are all here to help. Stay the course, just don't give up. ;)

Anancy said:
I've only just realised how bad my hair really is :ohwell:

Im becoming frustrated with my hair, i guess because now that im paying more attention to how my hair looks and feels like i've finally come to realise that i need some sort of intervention.

My relaxed ends just look terrible, i feel like chopping them off but then i wouldn't know what to do with my hair at a short length, i love my hairbands too much.

I had to share my problem with you guys so i added some pics to my fotki (look under transitioning), my sis just laughed she couldn't believe her eyes. I think the ends are starting to break off now and that's probably why im noticing a huge difference. I bought LeKair cholesterol Strengthening conditioner thinking it would help but im not too sure now, i have only used it once though. Maybe i should try Aphogee, i just don't know what to do.

anancy, it may not be your hair actually breaking off (although it could and does happen) but it really looks like your natural texture is really beginning to assert it's presence :)

(just got to the nape pic and yes it does look like you're having breakage there - no worries though, you've got alot of natural there!!).

if you're not into bcing right now, why not just do a nice trim? take about an inch or off and then see where you are.

start experimenting with flat twisting and coils especially in the front (cause it's easiest to see what your doing, etc.) and work a twist or braidout in the back, wash and go or rock your puff.....snip your very thin ends in the back.

it really looks like you've got enough natural to puff and still have tons of options (check out NP, specifically the Natural Styles Workshop and lots of natural fotkis there to get ideas from);)

OTOH,

if your really not feeling your hair, get some kinky twists done or another protective braid style until you get a bit more length (what you feel comfortable with - just don't forget to really take good care of your hair while its put away).

it'll be ok - i can almost hear your frustrations and want you to know it WILL be ok!

{hugs}

Thanks guys.

Im been really thinking about what i should do. Im not too sure what's going on with my hair right now, i know my ends look really bad because my natural hair is really coming in which im so excited about.

I think part of me is anxious to be at the point of having all natural hair. Tonight im just going to cornrow my hair then on the weekend i might trim it a bit like you suggested LynnieB and then put in some extentions or something - haven't quite made up my mind yet.

Once again thank for the suggestions.

Anancy said:
Thanks guys.

Im been really thinking about what i should do. Im not too sure what's going on with my hair right now, i know my ends look really bad because my natural hair is really coming in which im so excited about.

I think part of me is anxious to be at the point of having all natural hair. Tonight im just going to cornrow my hair then on the weekend i might trim it a bit like you suggested LynnieB and then put in some extentions or something - haven't quite made up my mind yet.

Once again thank for the suggestions.

At around 10 months I start itching to cut off my relaxed ends too. Don't make any decisions today. Braids are a good way to buy yourself some time to think.

Back