Have you used: TIGI MOISTURE MANIAC

I tried it and I wasn't impressed... My Garnier Hydra Curls Conditioner did way more for me than this product. My hair didn't feel that moisturized at all :nono:

I tried it and I wasn't impressed... My Garnier Hydra Curls Conditioner did way more for me than this product. My hair didn't feel that moisturized at all :nono:

really? i heard that this stuff is tha JOINT!

how did you feel about its detangling abilities?

This is the product description: Regain composure. End your fight with snarls and tangles. Stop your struggle with dull, drab hair. Massive conditioning power. Brilliant fragrance. Moisture Maniac® reforms your hair's behavior. Stay calm, cool and conditioned.

I have used this product. The problems I had with it were it was not thick and creamy enough for my hair. I like to use my condtioners as leave in as well and it did not leave my hair as defined as I wanted (frizz) and I had to use a LOT of it because (for me) it was not thick enough. I did use it for a while though because I did find it moisturizing enough(at the time)...until I found my biolage which I swear by now:grin:

I still buy it for my daugter because it works fantasitc for her hair for co-washing and for a leave in, (REALLY makes her curls pop) but her strands are much finer than my wiry corse strands and she is something like a 3a whereas I'm around 3c/4a type.

It smells good and did work for me until I found something better and I still mix it into my deep condtioners sometimes, so I would recomend giving it a try and see what you think (espcially if there is a deal on it right now!)

ETA: About detangling...for dd it is wonderful, I just finger comb and she's done. For me it worked better than TJ Nourish (which I was previously using) but not as good as the biolage. It really did a good job detangling for me at the time though, I'd give a B+ I guess :p

Last edited:
I have used this product. The problems I had with it were it was not thick and creamy enough for my hair. I like to use my condtioners as leave in as well and it did not leave my hair as defined as I wanted (frizz) and I had to use a LOT of it because (for me) it was not thick enough. I did use it for a while though because I did find it moisturizing enough(at the time)...until I found my biolage which I swear by now:grin:

I still buy it for my daugter because it works fantasitc for her hair for co-washing and for a leave in, (REALLY makes her curls pop) but her strands are much finer than my wiry corse strands and she is something like a 3a whereas I'm around 3c/4a type.

It smells good and did work for me until I found something better and I still mix it into my deep condtioners sometimes, so I would recomend giving it a try and see what you think (espcially if there is a deal on it right now!)

ETA: About detangling...for dd it is wonderful, I just finger comb and she's done. For me it worked better than TJ Nourish (which I was previously using) but not as good as the biolage. It really did a good job detangling for me at the time though, I'd give a B+ I guess :p

a B+ isn't too bad...

i know there are more of you out there who have used it...

gymfreak: you have tried EVERYTHING so get your tail up in here and tell me about this Tigi :whip:

Last edited:
I've never tried it but I sure was tempted last week. Trade Secret had the liter sized on sale for $10. All I wanted was the conditioner, but like an idiot I bought the full price Paul Mitchell stuff

I loved it the first time I tried it out a while ago. I'll give it another try tomorrow if I remember

Okay,

For starters, I love the smell of this stuff. It lingers in my hair and makes it smell yummy. The conditioner is creamy and easy to apply. I would use it for 15-20 minutes. Overall I would say that it is decent. There are things better for less money like the pantene mask or even the Freedmans 3 minute treatment. The only time moisture maniac would work well for me was for the first 2 weeks after a relaxer touch up. It just isn't consistent enough to justify me buying it when I can get more bang for my buck with something else.

Okay,

For starters, I love the smell of this stuff. It lingers in my hair and makes it smell yummy. The conditioner is creamy and easy to apply. I would use it for 15-20 minutes. Overall I would say that it is decent. There are things better for less money like the pantene mask or even the Freedmans 3 minute treatment. The only time moisture maniac would work well for me was for the first 2 weeks after a relaxer touch up. It just isn't consistent enough to justify me buying it when I can get more bang for my buck with something else.

This was my experience :yep:

Okay,

My experience also, except that it performed well up to 4-5 wks post. When it did work, my hair felt like silk while I rinsed; but again, results are not consistent.

I like it and I'm a 4a/4b. It's not a top of the line conditioner, but a lot better than drugstore brands for me. I remember it giving my hair a lot of flexibility and softness if I used it before straightening.

It's also protein free, and great when you just want a moisturizing conditioner. You should try it. You might love it :).

I like it and I'm a 4a/4b. It's not a top of the line conditioner, but a lot better than drugstore brands for me. I remember it giving my hair a lot of flexibility and softness if I used it before straightening.

It's also protein free, and great when you just want a moisturizing conditioner. You should try it. You might love it :).

Thanks all who have replied. I think I will use this as a daily moisturizer rather than a conditioner. From what it sounds, it will better suited for that.

Thanks again!!! :blowkiss:

The name got my attention when I first bought it, but it did nothing for my hair :nono:. I ended up using it as a prepoo, mixed it with a few drops of essential oils, put a hot towel on it with a plastic cap. That's how I went through the bottle, it last me a long time but I made good use of it :ohwell:.

I bought 2 liter bottles last summer and I love it. plus the smell is great! I mainly use it in the summer to cowash though. come to think about it, I haven't used it since last summer. definitely part of my summer cowash regimen

I love this conditioner i use it for cowashing,dc'ing and detangling. I like the smell like pineapples and i like the way it foams almost like a shampoo. Good stuff

i love this stuff. i use it for everything!cowashing, dcing,leaving in, moisturising,curl defining & styling.it even can lay down my edges which no conditioner has been able to do EVER. by it self it eliminated alot of bulk in my product regimen5. i only use 5-6 products now. it was this conditioner that helped me to retain moisture in my hair. its a permanet staple in my regimen.

I just tried for the first time last night.

I think I like it. I just have to establish if i like it enough to spend so much on it.

I used after co wash and left it on over night.
I could feel that my hair did seem to hold more moisture. Usually my stands are drying up as soon as I step out of the shower. This time I could see the water still in my hair.

After rinsing I reapplied, detangled and did med large twists.
I added a bit of olive oil to the ends.

I think I may try mixing it with my AO HSR. They both seem to condition better than other products but not as effective in holding twists.

I've got some rebellious roots. :perplexed

I'll check out the dumb blonde. I'll have a hard time explainig that purchace to my 13 year old after all those lectures I gave her about white people products. :blush:

I just bought a small bottle of this yesterday because I remember seeing it mentioned on here. I didnt remember if it was a good or bad review. :wallbash: It was the last bottle so I had to get it. Oh well I am in twist so I will just co-wash with it.:perplexed

Back