Have You Tried to Naturally Relax or Straighten Hair?

Mestiza

I'm curious about how to naturally relax or straighten my hair. I searched and saw some threads regarding using coconut milk, regular whole milk or coconut cream w/ and w/o lime or lemon juice to straighten hair naturally. I must admit that it's kinda confusing./images/graemlins/confused.gif One of the threads has 15 pages. I read up to page 13, but, nothing after that will show. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Have you tried to relax or straighten your hair naturally? If so, could you answer the following questions:

1.) What ingredients and measurements of them did you use?

2.) If refrigerated, how long?

3.) How were the ingredients applied (ex: used the cream that was on top or mixed ingredients and used immediately, etc...)?

4.) Where in your regimen did you incorporate it (ex: as a pre-treatment on dry, un-washed hair or on wet hair after shampoo or CO wash, etc.)

5.) Did you wear a plastic cap and how long did you leave the ingredients on your hair?

6.) What method did you use to dry your hair?

7.) What is your natural hair type and what type did your hair resemble after using it?

8.) What were your results and how effective was it at straightening your hair?

9.) Are you natural, or if relaxed or transitioning, how much new growth did you have?

Basically, I'm trying to get an idea about how effective it is. Sorry for all the questions! Thanx! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maybe ALL of the people who tried this are members who are no longer able to post? /images/graemlins/confused.gif I guess I'm a few months too late w/ this. /images/graemlins/spinning.gif

I think that the Hair Recipe board has this info but I am not sure.

Chichi /images/graemlins/bdance.gif

Thanks! I think that I saw that one, but, I'll check again, just in case I missed something. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back