Have you mastered the humidity? Please help..

vkb247

I need help from all my ladies you have managed to make their hair thrive in humidity. Here's my question/situation: (Feel free to skip to the point in bold)

I have always loved the extreme humidity at home because it keeps my hair and skin so nice and soft so I ignored the warnings about how it can make your hair swell and :blah:. I always wear my hair curly so no biggie.

But I just came back from the States and while I was there my waves (at the front of my puff) and curls were so beautiful, defined, and curly like I have never seen before and all I did was dc, co-wash, and use gel as normal. I was in love with my hair like never before...but now I'm back to the humidity and wishing I can make my hair look like this again.

So how do I keep out the humidity? Should I experiment with cones again? Samathajones67 says her steam treatments help with reversion/keeping the water out - has anyone else found that they help?

I really need your help ladies...the humidity here makes mold grow on your clothes/shoes in your closet and turns chips and crackers stale (no crunch) if they aren't put in the fridge. It doesn't play :nono::nono::sad::sad:

I have lived directly on the Gulf Coast for many years in the past, and lots of moisture was the key to retaining styles. In a normal environment, my hair would appear to be "greasy." But in a humid environment, the extra oil kept the frizz away. Houston's humidity is no joke either, and increased moisture prevents me from having a frizzy poof.

Also, I recommend "going with the flow." I don't try to wear super-straight styles in the summer, or high humidity months. I try to do curly styles or other styles that mimic my natural texture. BTW...I'm relaxed.

Thanks hilltmj! So you uo yout use of oils during the warmer months? What do you use for moisture?

I like vegetable glycerin and water mix for moisture. 1/3 v glycerin, 2/3 water. Add more glycerin as necessary for your hair. I got my glycerin from my local health food store

I agree with Hill; I just go with the flow.

In the summer, I stick to braidouts, buns, etc. In the fall, I do more rollersets, in the Winter I do more buns, and in the spring I do alot of rollersets.

Humidity drives me crazy, so I don't fight it, and don't really know how; have you tried Sabino Moisture Block?

I need help from all my ladies you have managed to make their hair thrive in humidity. Here's my question/situation: (Feel free to skip to the point in bold)

I have always loved the extreme humidity at home because it keeps my hair and skin so nice and soft so I ignored the warnings about how it can make your hair swell and :blah:. I always wear my hair curly so no biggie.

But I just came back from the States and while I was there my waves (at the front of my puff) and curls were so beautiful, defined, and curly like I have never seen before and all I did was dc, co-wash, and use gel as normal. I was in love with my hair like never before...but now I'm back to the humidity and wishing I can make my hair look like this again.

So how do I keep out the humidity? Should I experiment with cones again? Samathajones67 says her steam treatments help with reversion/keeping the water out - has anyone else found that they help?

I really need your help ladies...the humidity here makes mold grow on your clothes/shoes in your closet and turns chips and crackers stale (no crunch) if they aren't put in the fridge. It doesn't play :nono::nono::sad::sad:

Girl I used sabino, chi silk infusion, etc and I went outside and what do you know.....the humidity made my hair so puffy like I never flat ironed, so I figured what's the point, I have had this problem since I was a little girl and now I'm 24 and still have frizz from humidity, I guess it's ment to be and nothing I can do about it. So I'm just going to moisturize and oil my ends hide them until they get better, no flat iron or blow dryer for a year(atleast 9 months) and just not worry about it. But I feel you though.:ohwell:

Back