Have you guys seen this crazy fast braiding machine before?

queen_t

It's called the E-Z Braider, I was just looking for some hair products online :sekret:, and I came across this braiding machine (it was on the GiGi Beauty Supply Website). It's supposed to cut braiding time in half. I've never had professional braids done before, and I thought the concept was pretty cool. I like how the braids came out on the girl in the first column, 4th pic down...the one with the long natural hair.

The machine looks kinda freaky though :look:, you'll see what I mean :grin:.

Check out the videos:

http://www.e-zbraider.com/multimedia.php

Wow! Now, all they need is a machine to take the braids out without damaging the hair! Way to Go, tech-ies!

Girl, talk about manipulation...it would work for those not educated or trying to get educated on hair care and what stress and manipulation does to the hair.

Although you heard no 'ouches' that looks as if that might hurt when the machine is twisting and turning...and that yellow divider/comb thingy...ahh..nope:perplexed

I wouldn't dare let anyone use that thing on my hair!

Ummm...why do all the braids look like they are three weeks old? And, that one video, I think it's called short hair with extensions...why does the front look like that? Is that the hairline?

Awwww heckka-naw!!!

That thing is evil!

In the time it takes to lace the hair into the machine, I'd be at least halfway down the length of the braid already and I'm not even super fast.

I'd like to see a timed race. Pro braider vs. Devil braid machine.:borgsmile

Plus I really don't like the manipulation of threading the strands of hair into the tubes. :nono::nono::nono:

And it looks like it probably tangles easily with just the smallest error or slip of the hand.

Yes...I'm hating on it. I say heckka- naw!:blush:

Last edited:
OMG! I don't know if it's the speed they're doing with the people putting it in, but it doesn't look gentle at all. I'd have to pass on that contraption.

Oohhhhhh I totally understand where everyone's coming from on this. But personally this thing would be like a lifesaver for those who own their own shop or something. (And I wouldn't go there neither) But I'm with Mook's hair on this one, the time it takes to do all that prep first before hooking up the braid machine, I'd already be way down the length of the braid by the time they get started on hooking it up. In a timed race we'd probably be finished around about the same time give or take a few seconds, I do braid pretty fast too but not that DARN fast as that machine. LOL I wished!

That contraption looks like bad news to me. I would be very leary about:
  • the little crochet-type hook that threads the hair
  • the rapid twisting of the tubes
  • the fact that it looks like it's pulling the hairs at the roots
No thanks ... I'd have to pass.

It sure seems like it is alot of work getting those three stick things on the hair. And like every ones said it seems like alot of manipulation. I'm going to have to say :nono:

I saw this when I was looking for hair braiding videos on you tube. It seems like it's more trouble than it's worth. I could be almost done the braid by the time they get all those pieces hooked on.

As a non braider and a person who is tired of shelling out money to have someone else braid my hair, I am really tempted to be the ginea pig for this "devil braider.":lachen: I will be keeping an interested eye on this. It seems almost too easy, so I'm scared. Gigi beauty is the online salon I use regularly, so thank you for telling me about it.

I know that when i plait, especially with cheaper hair it starts to hurt my fingers after a while. arghhhh!! :wallbash: so i'm guessing the machine would eliminate that, but it also looks pretty rough on the hair so i'd have to pass. Pre LHCF though, and i would have been ALL OVER IT, like wet paint!!:grin:

From a tenderheaded girl... that looked very painful. :swordfigh

One girl was trying not to frown and it looked like the yellow spiked thing was really pulling the hair, it took some work to release it.

I would have slid outta my seat!:cry:

Back