Have You Ever...

JusticeMe

Re-done a hair style without washing and starting over?

I have a 2 day old Bantu Knot out and it still looks good but today is thursday and I want to go out tomorrow after work and I want them to look fresh. I also don't feel like washing and blow Drying (it came out great on dry hair).

So I'm hoping that I can just spray some Moisture Mist and use my Cantu Shea butter leave in to re-do them without them looking frizzy or unkempt.

Any ladies done this before?? If so what was your outcome.

IMG_1248-vi.jpg

See my:
http://public.fotki.com/JusticeMe/hair-styles/bantu-knot-out-faux-hawk/

When I was relaxed I did this all the time. I would spray it with a bit of water, add moisturizer, bit of oil and bantu knot it back up. I cowashed about 2 or 3 times a week because it would get a little too dry, but a couple of days didn't matter.

Your hair looks really cute, by the way. :yep:

Mmhmm. All of my braidouts are done this way.

I just detangle with the Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing Leave-In, apply Hairveda's Almond Glaze, and twist.

I have braidout pics in my album.

Thank you!

So now that you're transitioning have you done it? I'm 15 months post relaxer now.

Especially when I was transitioning (I'm natural now). I transitioned until I was 19 months post and especially at the end I found it such a hassle to wash my hair. I had to be so careful with my ends and all..
Redoing them in stead of washing my hair first helped a lot because of the low manipulation. When I was transitioning I had to fully detangle after every wash.

Now that I've BCed I've just done wash and goes, but when it gets too cold in the winter I think I'll go back to bantu knot outs and redoing them at night. I'm sure if I started doing this now it would help with tangles and ssk's, but I'm so happy to be natural right now I have to get those WnG's out of my system.:lol:

Congrats on making 15 months!

Back