Have you ever used this product??

Whimsy

04583600600_220x220_a.jpg

How did you like it?

Bought this cuz it was on sale for $1.50 and the ingredients didn't seem too too bad:

Hollywood Beauty Oil Complex , Castor Oil , Mink Oil , Sweet Almond Oil , Tocopheryl Acetate- Vitamin E , Jojoba Oil , Paraffin Oil , Safflower Oil , Lanolin , Cocoa Butter , Propylparaben , Fragrance

I tried it for the first time yesterday and it smelled like crayons :nono: so I was immediately put off, but I used it anyway, and just braided my hair up.

I haven't yet taken my braids down so I don't know the final verdict, but I'm just curious of other folk's experiences with it.

I used to use it and I liked it. I would apply it to my ends to seal and, on occasion, my new growth. If you do over apply, your hair can become kind of oily. I only stopped cause I invested in some pure JBCO.

Its okay. I used to use it as a relaxer base.

Its not the real deal however and is mostly liquid paraffin and I doubt it even has 1 tablespoon of Castor Oil.

You're better off making your own blend. :yep:

I have this. Haven't used it consistently enough to see if it'd do anything for me. I'm relaxed, and the consistency is a bit too grease-like, which would weigh down my hair. I've used it on my ends when I've done braid outs, but I won't be repurchasing it.

Its okay. I used to use it as a relaxer base.

Its not the real deal however and is mostly liquid paraffin and I doubt it even has 1 tablespoon of Castor Oil.

You're better off making your own blend. :yep:

I use it as a relaxer base too. Too heavy for my hair beyond that.

LOL, What is "Hollywood Beauty Oil Complex"? Is that supposed to be an ingredient or the intro to the list of ingredients?

LOL, What is "Hollywood Beauty Oil Complex"? Is that supposed to be an ingredient or the intro to the list of ingredients?

haha the way it looks on the bottle seems like it's their name for the combo of the next few oils listed.

I have used it and i didn't like it at all for my natural hair. I used it to seal in moisture on damp hair that were in twists. It felt just alright when wet. When my hair dried omg my hair felt so dry. This just sat on top of my hair. So, silly me I added more to see if it would ease the dryness. It made it worse. This was not good to my natural hair. My mom uses it she's a permie, with success. The only castor oil I use is JBCO and that is 100x better for me. I love it.

Back