Have you ever cheated? Did the relationship still work out?

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I'm just asking for real life stories. I know that everyone has their "hypothetical" situation on what they would and would not do, but with all due respect...you never know what you're gonna do until you catch yourself in that very situation.

I'm just asking for real life stories. I know that everyone has their "hypothetical" situation on what they would and would not do, but with all due respect...you never know what you're gonna do until you catch yourself in that very situation.

I'm waiting to read them. I DO know what I would do though and I would NOT cheat. :ohwell:

Yes I did years ago. I had to tell my hubby because the guy was stalking and blackmailing me and wouldn't leave me alone. I put him in jail twice and was going to do it the third time; however, I told my husband and my blackmailer backed off when I told him my husband knows. Dear hubby forgave me and all is good, we have been married 17 years.

Yes I did years ago. I had to tell my hubby because the guy was stalking and blackmailing me and wouldn't leave me alone. I put him in jail twice and was going to do it the third time; however, I told my husband and my blackmailer backed off when I told him my husband knows. Dear hubby forgave me and all is good, we have been married 17 years.

Thank you for sharing :yep:.

Sounds like Lifetime. Thankfully you and hubby are intact and safe from that guy.
I never cheated on anyone.

a blessing!

This is not true for me. I've said exactly what I would do in X situation, been put in X situation and have done what I have said I would do.

To answer your question: Yes I've cheated (with a friend at the time). Yes he took me back (on the condition I stopped talking to that friend forever). No it didn't last. I was playing too many games.

I'm glad I got it out of my system before I met DH.

Last edited:
This is not true for me. I've said exactly what I would do in X situation, been put in X situation and have done what I have said I would do.

To answer your question: Yes I've cheated (with a friend at the time). Yes he took me back (on the condition I stopped talking to that friend forever). No it didn't last. I was playing too many games.

I'm glad I got it out of my system before I met DH.

Well, I know that there are things in life (in general) where I already know my outcome of what I'd do. But in regards to certain situations with certain circumstances, there's no 100% guarantee that it'll never happen to you. That's all I'm saying.

A friend of mine had her fiance cheat on her for 3 years straight with the same woman. He met this girl a year before their wedding...he cheated on her 1 day before the wedding, 1 week after their honeymoon, and still continues to do it now.

My friend turns a blind eye but she knows....the other woman has even been to their house when she wasn't home...

Well, I know that there are things in life (in general) where I already know my outcome of what I'd do. But in regards to certain situations with certain circumstances, there's no 100% guarantee that it'll never happen to you. That's all I'm saying.

TSUprincess04 said:
you never know what you're gonna do until you catch yourself in that very situation.

Those are two different statements. You don't know what you will do versus you don't know that will never happen to you.

I still think you can only speak for yourself because you only know yourself like that. You have no idea what someone else will do or how they are. Some people have a set mind and will do what they say they will regardless of any circumstance and/or the consequences. We're all different.

I couldnt agree with you more. I am a firm believer in "never say never". I know a number of people in this same situation where they said they would never cheat and low and behold, they are now cheating. It wasnt something they ever thought they'd do. However, for each of them, certain things occured in their life (which all varied) that caused them/pushed them to view and do things differently.

Last edited:
^^^^^^I disagree , it's all about values and self control. I know there are some things that I will NEVER do and I'd bet the farm on it :yep:

^^^^^^I disagree , it's all about values and self control. I know there are some things that I will NEVER do and I'd bet the farm on it :yep:

Agreed. It's also about conviction. If someone is like steel with their convictions, nothing can sway them otherwise when faced with a troubling situation.

ITA

I can say that in the few times I have been in something established even though it hasn't lasted long, I never have stepped out. It is the one thing I won't do and can say that i have enough self control to keep it that way.

I am a single for a reason. I know i want to be able to do what i please when i please and with whom i please. I will keep it that way until there i meet someone who can do all that i want a man to do for me.

I firmly believe that if you need to step out, you should go ahead and be single because you can't handle all that a relationship requires. It requires monogamy (unless you are polyamourous), and if you can't meet that requiement, then don't get started doing it.

If you find your self looking outside, maybe it is time to start looking at whats missing in your relationship that has you looking outward in the first place...

A friend of mine had her fiance cheat on her for 3 years straight with the same woman. He met this girl a year before their wedding...he cheated on her 1 day before the wedding, 1 week after their honeymoon, and still continues to do it now.

My friend turns a blind eye but she knows....the other woman has even been to their house when she wasn't home...

Sounds like your friend needs to visit Beat Down City.
If I could, I'd throw in a jab.:look:

Sounds like your friend needs to visit Beat Down City.
If I could, I'd throw in a jab.:look:

The situation is not cool at all. Noone has said anything, we all just turn a blind eye. But if I know, im sure she knows, as i'm not even in their close inner circle.

The other woman he is dealing with is young with a big mouth so word quickly got out.

GymFreak...
Your friend is crazy..I guess he got the good stuff..

Bringing a women/man into the home is really asking for it..
She needs to take a half day off catch him in the act and put a bullet in arse...

The situation is not cool at all. Noone has said anything, we all just turn a blind eye. But if I know, im sure she knows, as i'm not even in their close inner circle.

The other woman he is dealing with is young with a big mouth so word quickly got out.

I feel so sorry for your friend. That stuff just makes me so upset that people can play with others emotions with no remorse.

Those are two different statements. You don't know what you will do versus you don't know that will never happen to you.

I still think you can only speak for yourself because you only know yourself like that. You have no idea what someone else will do or how they are. Some people have a set mind and will do what they say they will regardless of any circumstance and/or the consequences. We're all different.

I think you're applying the "never say never" to EVERY life situation rather than just the cheating situation.

Of course I know that I wouldn't ever eat poo, buy a $1,000,000 of stuff in bounced checks, purposely kill an innocent person, or rape someone. In those situations like that, yeah one knows what they're likely to do or NOT do.

But in the situation of cheating, you never know if that situation will happen to you or not. I just say this from experience, as a person who used to say "never" when it came to things like that.

My statement of saying "you'll never know what you're gonna do until you're in that situation" still holds true in life, but it (in no way) is confirming anything and dissing what you think you will do. It seems that's how you may be taking it, but that's not what was intended.

I agree with never say never - for the simple reason that sometimes you can find yourself instantly clicking with someone other than your SO. I thought my SO was a loser when we first met, clicking came later:lachen:.

Yes, I cheated on him once (meaning one time), and I found out he cheated on me before. Yes! we are still together and have put that all behind us. If I may add, I was 20 and he was 24. Age is nothing but a number, but our majority level clearly wasn't where it should have been. We have now been together for about 3 1/2 years.

ITA with that.

I've been in what were compromising situations before but I never cheated.

I went to visit my friend in AZ and yes I know he likes me- everyone knows it but I brought my other guy friend along too. We're all great friends and we have been so way before MisterMan was in the picture. We all stayed at AZ friend's house and after we had all been out drinking and what not- he offered to let me share his king size bed while our other friend took the bedroom upstairs.

Now I've slept in the same bed with them both on several occasions- NO HANKY PANKY

But with this relationship it's different because I'm 110% serious about a future with this guy and to sleep in the same bed as another friend who I know has feelings for me is not cool. I respect my man too much for that. So I told him that I prefer to sleep on couches (it's true!) and that I would sleep in the living room.

Crisis diverted. :yep:

What if alcohol or drugs are involved? I completely agree with you but the line can get a little hazy if you aren't careful and around someone who is attracted to you and vice versa. I used to say that before I started drinking in college. It's not that I got wasted drunk or make out with people or any of that crap, but I can see that you can lose control pretty easily if you're not aware of something like this and do things you normally wouldn't do.

Once, I barely remember flashing a friend of mine at a party at his house before I went to bed (ALONE) across the room. I'm not even attracted to him like that but it bothers me to think that I did that and has made me super cautious about partying with friends of the opposite sex when my SO is not around. :yep:

Last edited:
Back