Have you ever been followed in the Beauty Supply Store?

Nah..not 'atoll'. I cheese it, greet and speak to the owners upon entering so they know me well from all my 'just browsing' visits. I am never watched, followed or questioned...they know I bring the green paper!:lachen:

lol

It's offensive though. I'm a normal looking, normal acting person ( most of the time :lol: )

Why follow ME?
What about me says "thief"? I'm a black person in the black section of the derned store for crying out loud.

About 3 years ago, I went into the BSS while my mom went into the dollar store. The korean woman watched me the WHOLE time I was in there, and when I left she said have a nice day and everything. Right when my mom was about to pull off, this girl ran up beside the car, and asked me to open my pockets and everything. Needless to say, everybody got cursed out up in there. I haven't been in there since then.

OMG these stories are making me mad. I don't go to any Korean stores. I don't shop in stores with ignorant employees, homey don't play that LOL

I'm sure I've been followed but I'm like a kid at a candy store when I see the hair product aisle. One time I visited the Dominican hair supply store (shelf upon shelf of Dominican and Brazilian products). So I'm at the register and the old lady keeps calculating and re-calculating my order, looking all nervous. So I ask her in Spanish if she's ok and she's like "oh baby I'm so sorry to tell you this...but the total is $90" I was like WOW THAT'S IT? Last time I was here I spent more. Ahahhaha she gave me some free samples after that.

The Asians in my area keep a hawk eye on everybody that strolls in there. Some girls were trying on wigs for what the man thought was too long, so finally he says to them "You buy now?". Of course these women were not trying to hear this. They left angry. For the most part I never see anything I can use in there besides the scarfs. Most of my products come from the drug store and I have gotten that crazy look when not buying from the "black aisle". It comes from fellow customers more than the employees.

No but I saw a girl get busted for shop lifting in the bss.:nono: She sucked at it too. It was February and she had on a mini skirt, her toes out and a skin tight sleeveless top so people were already looking her wondering why in the world she was dressed like that in the dead of winter. Then she was talking super loud to her friend drawing all kinds of attention to herself. :perplexed She tried to steal a two dollar lotion and store keeper busted her. She begged him not to call the police and said that she would pay for it but she didn't have any money. Then she started crouching down giving him a view of her "goods". I don't know if she was going to give him some to "pay" for that lotion or what. I just paid for my stuff and left.

No but I saw a girl get busted for shop lifting in the bss.:nono: She sucked at it too. It was February and she had on a mini skirt, her toes out and a skin tight sleeveless top so people were already looking her wondering why in the world she was dressed like that in the dead of winter. Then she was talking super loud to her friend drawing all kinds of attention to herself. :perplexed She tried to steal a two dollar lotion and store keeper busted her. She begged him not to call the police and said that she would pay for it but she didn't have any money. Then she started crouching down giving him a view of her "goods". I don't know if she was going to give him some to "pay" for that lotion or what. I just paid for my stuff and left.

SMDH:nono:

Was she grown or young?

OMG these stories are making me mad. I don't go to any Korean stores. I don't shop in stores with ignorant employees, homey don't play that LOL

I'm sure I've been followed but I'm like a kid at a candy store when I see the hair product aisle. One time I visited the Dominican hair supply store (shelf upon shelf of Dominican and Brazilian products). So I'm at the register and the old lady keeps calculating and re-calculating my order, looking all nervous. So I ask her in Spanish if she's ok and she's like "oh baby I'm so sorry to tell you this...but the total is $90" I was like WOW THAT'S IT? Last time I was here I spent more. Ahahhaha she gave me some free samples after that.

I've had this happen @ a Dominican spot before. It was almost like she was worried I going to have a fit about the total. When she told me I was $75 I was like hold on, I got more money to spend:grin: She gave me a good deal then came over and started recommending stuff for my hair.

I like to pull up to the Beauty Supply stores in my truck. Most of the owners and/or employees have never seen a female truck driver.:look: I usually hear things like "You shouldn't be truck driver, you should be model" and they love to ask questions about truck driving. I usually get free samples and discounts when I show up in the truck.:grin:

No never.

But there is a "dollar store" owned by Koreans and they do that. If they are not following you or checking out what you are doing, they are being rude and unfriendly. I .try not to go there unless I absolutely need to

I have never had that problem in Korean BSS, though.

I haven't been followed around except probably by the employees' eyes. The only truly bad experience I can recall is about 1 1/2 yrs ago at a bss I asked the man did he carry any silk scarves and he said yes and handed me a scarf. First of all, I felt the material so I knew right away :nono: but then my cousin who was with me grabbed it from me and turned it over and the tag read "100% Polyester"! I told him I asked for silk for a reason. My cousin told him "we can read ya know, this is not silk which she asked for." It was like he was getting upset that I wasn't really stupid. He didn't admit he was wrong but tried to say it's the same thing. I shook my head and told him "You trying to get over me just to make a sale. that's not good service." I went ahead and paid for my stuff because I really needed it that day but I now go to another bss that I love way more. I really wished people at certain beauty supply stores would work on the quality of their customer service though.

...besides the Sudanese security guard trying to take me to dinner?:look: I've never been followed, probably because most of the ones around here have black employees but I saw an interesting scene in one before. There was a group of 2 girls and 3 guys and lets just say the roles were reversed:ohwell: One boy had on the prettiest pearl bracelet and was looking crazy when I picked up the big black magnetic rollers (I had on a snood). He was whispering something and I caught him and was like what did you say? He said "are those rollers?" I was like yea then he's looking at my head in the snood like how in the world...I was just like I have enough hair for these under here! He was like "Ooooh, I bet that's gon' be purty!" Him and his stankin friends (somebody smelled-funny) were checking out and the butch girl tried to hand him the bag and he was like "Unh unh, that's a man's job honey. You wanna play the role, be the role." :lachen:

:lachen: I could actually "see" your story playing out in my head while I was reading it, too funny!

I've been followed before at an Asian BSS. I'm not trying to bring race into it, but it did happen. Every time I looked back one of the workers would be Right behind me. :lachen:

Well one time my sister, two of our friends, and I went and it turns out one of the friends (who lives in a different state) had been there before on her own time. She started talking all loud about how she wasn't going to steal anything and it didn't make sense for them to be all up in people's personal space like that! We were cracking up, but really, they were getting a little too close!

I haven't been back there since that day, I prefer to patronize my local black-owned BSS's in my city which have a much better selection and where I don't get followed around. :yep:

:lachen: I could actually "see" your story playing out in my head while I was reading it, too funny!

I've been followed before at an Asian BSS. I'm not trying to bring race into it, but it did happen. Every time I looked back one of the workers would be Right behind me. :lachen:

Well one time my sister, two of our friends, and I went and it turns out one of the friends (who lives in a different state) had been there before on her own time. She started talking all loud about how she wasn't going to steal anything and it didn't make sense for them to be all up in people's personal space like that! We were cracking up, but really, they were getting a little too close!

I haven't been back there since that day, I prefer to patronize my local black-owned BSS's in my city which have a much better selection and where I don't get followed around. :yep:

I wish I knew of some black owned BSS's in my area. I've never seen one :nono:

Back