Have I lost my mind? I used NTM Shine Serum on my dog LOL.

chayil0427

Hey ladies

I was wondering if I've lost my mind. I bathed my dog (he's a Kerry Blue Terrier...they have like majorly curly hair) and I was having trouble detangling him so I just added about a quarter sized dolop of NTM Shine Serum for slip. It worked beautifully...he came out nice and fluffy and shiny. :lol:

I know Dog show enthusiasts use selected human products on dogs based upon the ingredients and pH of the product, but I never thought I'd try that myself. I wasn't using the shine serum for myself but it worked wonders on the pooch. LOL.

You can see his pic on my myspace which is linked below.

FYI: It's NOT SAFE to use just any human product on your dog. Don't try this unless you're educated about the ingredients and how they'll affect dog's skin and hair.

Awww!!! :lol: What a great story! I loved that!!!:p

I just checked out ure Myspace and Mischa is soooo gorgeous!!! I know he was just loving that special NTM Shine Serum spa treatment!!! :D What a neat idea!

How Cute!! My man looks fierce.....in a well-groomed-doggie kinda way. lol I may have to use this on my yorkie Papi. I had already bought him some doggie cologne/oil for his hair that worked really well, but if this works and I can really live without the cologne, I may have to try it. Don't you just love Terriers? :D

Last edited:
LOL :lol: Girl noooooooooo! My shih tzu has really sensitive skin so I asked the breeder what to do.... she told me to use Pantene! So I use pantene on his body and baby shampoo (J&J no tears) on his head! :D He LOVES it when he smells good!

As long as it doesn't harm the dog and the dog likes it, then it's fine!
Now, have you updated the dog's fotki? What's the password?

boopiek said:
How Cute!! My man looks fierce.....in a well-groomed-doggie kinda way. lol I may have to use this on my yorkie Papi. I had already bought him some doggie cologne/oil for his hair that worked really well, but if this works and I can really live without the cologne, I may have to try it. Don you just love Terriers? :D

Yall know what...If I come there and my boyfriend has a roller set then I'm really going to have a problem :lachen: :lachen:

Kerry blue terriers are so pretty. That is such a cute story and it opened the door for me to admit some things, too. I've used Nacidit olive oil rinse to get mats out of foster cocker spaniels that were really terribly matted coming out the shelter (dog pound). That stuff just melts away the mats and tangles and has been quite a lifesaver when I've had a pup so matted to the skin that trying to shave or cut him down might have been painful for him. Just last night I gave my little six month old foster boy, Kirby (who I might adopt myself) a bath in coconut milk because he was scratching and that was a good way to get some of that oil into his skin. His coat is ridiculously silky today and no scratching...

chayil0427 said:
Hey ladies

I was wondering if I've lost my mind. I bathed my dog (he's a Kerry Blue Terrier...they have like majorly curly hair) and I was having trouble detangling him so I just added about a quarter sized dolop of NTM Shine Serum for slip. It worked beautifully...he came out nice and fluffy and shiny. :lol:

I know Dog show enthusiasts use selected human products on dogs based upon the ingredients and pH of the product, but I never thought I'd try that myself. I wasn't using the shine serum for myself but it worked wonders on the pooch. LOL.

You can see his pic on my myspace which is linked below.

FYI: It's NOT SAFE to use just any human product on your dog. Don't try this unless you're educated about the ingredients and how they'll affect dog's skin and hair.

Chayil, MY SPACE will not let me view him:( .
I love Kerry Blues! Their hair looks like a serious hours long process to groom. My Baby girl loves a big dog too; all of her boyfriends are big ol' doggies! She thinks she is a big dog even though she is only 10 inches off the ground! I used JASONs Tea Tree once and she enjoyed the scent but it's back to Baby Shampoo for her...don't want to irritate that Westie skin.

Cleve_gryl said:
Yall know what...If I come there and my boyfriend has a roller set then I'm really going to have a problem :lachen: :lachen:

Girrrl! don't be surprised if Papi is sporting the protective style on his head! I've tried to pull his hair back to behind his ears and he wasn't feeling it. And besides, isn't that what women love (at least on the west coast)...the men with perms, rollers and wife beaters? That is an indication of a true Thug! LOLOL:lol:

Ayeshia said:
I admit to spiking my doggs hair (on his head) with Suave aloe vera gel :lol: he enjoys it :)

:lachen: Girl you didn't spike his hair. That's halarious. I swear my dog makes me wanna whip out a jar of just for me on him. His hair is SO thick and SO curly. Yet, if I have a big supply of dog jerky he'll stand there and let me brush him out.

Chayil

Back