Have any of you met your significant other through online dating?

though i'd rather meet my guy IRL, i have met a lot of guys online. my first bf i found on craigslist of all places. we had a great romance and it lasted for about a year

but i currently don't have an SO so i guess i'm not qualified to answer this question.. :ohwell:

I met my current SO on blackpeoplemeet.com. We've been together for about 1.5 years now. I know people that have had success with match.com too. I think you just have to be careful and keep you eyes open. A lot of men you meet on there are not what they seem. You just have to go in with an open mind and know what you want. I joined the sites on the basis of meeting friends. Me and my SO we became friends first and were friends for almost 6 months before we got serious. I am still friends with another guy that I met on the same site to this day.

I went to two weddings last year of couples that met online - couple A (both black) met on Balck People Meet and couple B (both white) met on eHarmony.

I haven't. But I've also gone to weddings of couples who met online (Chemistry and OkCupid). A couple of my classmates were on OkCupid also and dating actively.

Put yourself out there, be prepared for some weirdos and loser and then have fun. There are some great guys online just like there are some great ladies online...

I went to a wedding of one of my soror's two years ago, and they met on okcupid.com. They are still going strong.

I met my Man on black people meet as well. Funny thing is, I'd never thought about online dating or even heard of the site until I saw the thread here on lhcf. It was a dare from one of my girlfriends that prompted me to create a profile...three years later and happily in love, it was one of the best spur of the moment decisions I've made.

I didn't meet my SO online but I did online dating for years and met a lot of really nice men. I can recommend it. :yep:

In my limited experiences with online dating I've only met weirdos. :lol: Same goes for my friends. One of my friends met a guy who ended up being really possessive. The next guy she met online lied about his age, then got her knocked up after only dating for about a month, and took him about a year to meet his own child. :nono:

The guys I've met have been socially awkward to say the least. Want to do all the talking online rather than in person or on the phone. :perplexed But those are just MY experiences. I've heard good things from others.

In my limited experiences with online dating I've only met weirdos. :lol: Same goes for my friends. One of my friends met a guy who ended up being really possessive. The next guy she met online lied about his age, then got her knocked up after only dating for about a month, and took him about a year to meet his own child. :nono:

The guys I've met have been socially awkward to say the least. Want to do all the talking online rather than in person or on the phone. :perplexed But those are just MY experiences. I've heard good things from others.

That is truly pathetic.

I met my husband on plentyoffish 2 years ago. We just got married on Friday (July, 1st) and we joined the army together 6 months ago. I thank God we met everyday.

I met my current SO on plentyoffish. He's a great guy (just not sure if he's great for me).

I met a pro basketball player on match.com He played overseas.

And a really great guy that I passed up for the current SO. He was from eharmony. We were really compatible.

Met my sweetheart on Plentyoffish. For me, they had the best and sexiest guys. :lick:

Last edited:
I met DH On match.com.

There are a lot of loosers out there so I would take a long time getting to know them over email before I would even speak by phone.

I met my husband on match.

We just got married May 30th, but we've known each other for a few years now.

Yes. But it was many years back and most people thought I was cuckoo or "desperate" for meeting anyone online. We've been married 13 years.

Everyone I know meets people online now, with varying degrees of success. I think it's worth a shot. Why not?

Back