HATING My HAIR!!!

Colliecole

I’m going crazy and I just don’t know what to do! Okay, so I went from natural to a texturizer last august. I didn’t really know what to do with the texturizer, my beautician recommended it because she said it was better for your hair. That was cool because I was just interested in obtaining lenth. So after that I was bunning every day, not interested in wearing it curly but, about once a month I would straighten it and wear it down. With a texturizer the only way to get it strait was to use heat, but I was trying to wean myself off heat, so I attempted to get it bone strait so that I could do a rollerset (tried 20 times with the texturizer…couldn’t do it to save my life) So recently I decided to relax it straiter, but NOW its still this frizzy curly when it dries, so I STILL can’t do a rollerset, and when I use heat its more frizzy than before. And I think it’s a little over processed because I relaxed it myself and wanted to get the curl out…bad idea. So now I have this hair that I don’t know what to do with. I’m thinking I should’ve just left the texturizer and worn it curly with Miss Jessie’s or something…. Anyone got any ideas?? What can I do as an everyday healthy style that’s not a freaking BUN…I been wearing to bun for six months strait, with the baggy and its grown to BSL but I cant take it any more! HELP PLEASE!! In a second I’m gonna chop it off to go natural…

Don't chop it off.

I have several styles in my fotki of french rolls, buns with bun covers, straight, curly, rollerset. I find that texlaxed hair is the best. I rollerset for years before I finally got a decent rollerset. Just don't cut it and try different things.

I know that you can get a straight hair from a roller set on texlaxed hair, but I can't do that myself yet either. You probably just need to keep practicing. Eventually you'll figure it out, and love you hair again.

:eek: No more relaxers and no cutting. Just to prove to yourself it can be done, you might want to get a rollerset done at the salon. My hair is texturized it and rollersets straight. :yep:

:eek: No more relaxers and no cutting. Just to prove to yourself it can be done, you might want to get a rollerset done at the salon. My hair is texturized it and rollersets straight. :yep:
Cosigning! Try having it done for you. Then you can mimic the technique and try rollersetting again at home.

I think I'm done with using rollars or anything simular...too much time (takes me like 3 hours from start to finish. Caruso curlers don't come out right either). Is there a cream/paste that will curl hair that has been relaxed semi bone-strait? I read that Miss jessies doesnt work with relaxed hair...Maybe theres some type of small rods and cream that I can sleep in or something, that will create natural looking curls? I just want something simple but not bland like the everyday bun.

Have you tried braidouts or twistouts as an everyday style. Also, it's probably your technique or products. There's naturals and texturized that get pretty straight with rollersetting. I suggest a product like Aveda hangstraight and phomollient to rollerset, or a little lottobody, and you may have to sit under a hooded dryer for a bit to get straight results. JMHO...

Back