Haters at the Salon

"trust me,you wouldn't want her hair."???
I hope baldy invests in Morton's stock throwing all that salt around. Bitter much? Jeeze!

This is exactly why I stopped going. Some will rip your hair straight out of your head. I've had too many set back trying to find "the one". Now I only go only for trims. And believe me I watch them like a hawk and look them dead in the eye and as mean as I can tell them upfront "you take more than xyz off, I'm not paying and throwing a $hit fit with the manager in front of all these people." And I mean it too.

DD and my niece always take me with them. They laugh at me but won't go to the stylist without me. I stand over the stylist like I'm ready to beat her down if she f%^$#'s up. :fishslap:They only go for trims as well. DD hair is past bra length and niece's hair past waist length.

I don't smile. No casual conversation nothing....until that cut is done. However, I tip 25% cause I know I'm a scary ******!

OOOooo Can you come with me:grin: in June. I am terrified. I have already set up an appointment for consultation and I have a ton of questions I have for her that she might not like:look: Oh well:lachen:

Kurlee & ms.mimi I admire how firm yall are. But for good reason thats your hair and hard work. Luckily I don't have any salon horror stories. Yall keep swingin that hair though. Haters gonna hate, thats never gonna change

"trust me,you wouldn't want her hair."???
I hope baldy invests in Morton's stock throwing all that salt around. Bitter much? Jeeze!
Ok??? and if you were to cut your hair, it would be short! It's not about the "if's" It's about what "is." And your hair IS gorgeous and thick. That's just called good ole fashion jealousy.

But I tell u the truth, ever since being natural and hearing these salon stories, I honestly don't think i'll EVER be going to a salon again. EVER!

That's why I go there hair washed, conditioned and predetangled, so hair loss is minimal. THANK GOD the actual stylist was awesome (he's prally a closet LHCF member, the way he was talking) or else I would not have gone back. It kinda hurt my feelings a bit and made me want to act ignorant, but I kept my cool. I really need to learn how to blowout my own hair.

Wow, her soul was really burning over your hair, lol. Girl don't ever let her give you a trim....or do anything to your hair for that matter.:nono:

Your hair turned out beautiful!

A six inch trim??

A HALF A FOOT TRIM??

Craziness. Jealous people are gross
:yep::yep: She gathered it up like in a ponytail and was like all this is bad ends, it's gonna look bad when you iron it.:perplexed Look how puffy it is:perplexed and she was digging into when was the last time I trimmed and that it's due.

I think sometimes it's jealousy and sometimes they believe the myth that hair won't grow unless you cut it. I think there is a belief/myth that certain people SHOULDN'T have long hair.
Less hair=less work. Short hair doesn't take as much time (I guess) which means you get to do more heads, which translates to more money.

Then there's good old fashioned jealousy.
This is why I left my former stylist. So much pressure to trim & so much anger from her. I haven't been to a salon in more than 3 years.

Too bad the blowdry girl treated you and your hair like that.

I'm glad that you had such a good stylist. Your hair looks beautiful.

Your hair is beautiful Kurlee, and congrats on making WL!

Your story - along with the dozens of other salon horror stories, really have me scared to go to a salon, even though I want to :(
I get tired of doing my own hair, but I just know they'll jack-up my line of demarcation and cause me to have to BC before I'm ready.

Good for you Kurlee - it's only now in my 30's that I am a gangster in the salon. Went to get kinky twists put in the other day. The salon girl was blowdrying my hair with my blowdryer (bc I notice they don't clean the pik combs between clients and also mine is rigged to low setting only). Most of my hair was ending up in the comb so I told her that I didn't like that and finished blow drying my own hair. She then also started braiding my edges despite me telling her NOT to. She was almost insistent and told me off until I told he again NO THANKS. She backed off but was visibly p*ssed. I also took all my own combs and styling products and refused to let her grease my scalp with their super petroleum and colour combination.

She hated me by the time we left and I did not tip bc of her stank face/ stank-tude. But I left with hair on my head so I won. I also remembered why I only prob go to a salon 1x a year now.

:yep::yep: She gathered it up like in a ponytail and was like all this is bad ends, it's gonna look bad when you iron it.:perplexed Look how puffy it is:perplexed and she was digging into when was the last time I trimmed and that it's due.

:nono::nono:

Congrats on making WL, I'm sorry you had to go through such ignorance and ugliness from that woman.

This is why I left my former stylist. So much pressure to trim & so much anger from her. I haven't been to a salon in more than 3 years.

Too bad the blowdry girl treated you and your hair like that.

I'm glad that you had such a good stylist. Your hair looks beautiful.
The broad also said my hair would look thicker/better if it were shorter, when she was talking to the girl watching. I'm just remembering little tidbits and it's making me annoyed again:drunk:

The broad also said my hair would look thicker/better if it were shorter, when she was talking to the girl watching. I'm just remembering little tidbits and it's making me annoyed again:drunk:

That's what happens when people get really stank with us. We play it over and over in our minds. It's just reinforcing your reasons to not let her ever in your head again!

Hunh? Omg. The statement by itself may not raise eyebrows, but coupled with the other verbal transgressions...she was terrible. You got the last laugh...that beautiful, long, flowing hair let her have it.

Sent from my DROIDX

Back