Has "Smoothing" Conditioners worked for you (Herbal Essences)

summerof1990

I want to try the Herbal Essences smoothing conditioner in the vintage looking bottle. It is sold at walmart. I like the sleek look their silk and moisture line is okay but for the longest I needed a sleek look and thought of trying a smoothing conditioner/serum.

All of their conditioners smell great, go on creamy and have lots of slip, but I didn't notice any extra smoothing from the smoothing line. Hello Hydration is my favorite line by HE

All of their conditioners smell great, go on creamy and have lots of slip, but I didn't notice any extra smoothing from the smoothing line. Hello Hydration is my favorite line by HE

Ditto hello hydration was my homie. Their other cond are nice. But I wouldn't say the smoothing one "smoothed" any thing.

i think i may favor this one better than Hello Hydration

2wfjsl1.jpg

Try sleeker the butter. The conditioner instantly smooths my hair down. I haven't flatironed after using it however.

The best 'smoothing' conditioner that actually smoothed my strands is the suave sleek conditioner in the sliver bottle it's really good!

I want to achieve this smooth look.

x2jxgk.jpg

For this I recommend a serum rather than a conditioner. Use what ever your fave cond is and then when you towel dry your hair apply something like sallys brand chi silk infusion (I think is called gvp silk remedy?). Air dry or blow dry sraight (what ever your preferred method is) and then flat iron.

I would then put either CD hair butter or mizani h20 rose conditioning hair dress (again I think I'm messing up the name) lightly on the ends and length of hair

The smoothing conditioner that worked best for me is the Giovanni purple one from their 2chic line. I also liked the Tahitian Noni conditioner from Shea Moisture - they call it 'straightening' but it really just smooths. I like smoothing conditioners, because I think they ease detangling.

The smoothing conditioner that worked best for me is the Giovanni purple one from their 2chic line. I also liked the Tahitian Noni conditioner from Shea Moisture - they call it 'straightening' but it really just smooths. I like smoothing conditioners, because I think they ease detangling.

:yep: to the bold. That is honestly the best use for any smoothing cond. I dont believe they actually assist with the flat ironed result any more than any other really good cond (like a moisturizing one for example)

Back