Has it consumed you?

claud-uk said:
I live it and breathe it. I gave up all sugar and cigarettes for it. The last bit of money I had went on cholesterol and conditioners, not on bills. I'm constantly up and down to the bedroom mirror to look at my hair... which means unwrapping the saran, undoing my scarf and patting my 4 braids. I pat the front and the crown, and I pat the bits behind the ears and the nape... bc those areas can get neglected if not looked after. I turn the tv off in bed for the last 10 minutes so I can think about my hair. But most of all I just pass one day, one week and one month to the next cos time is the only thing standing in my way.

The way I see it I spent 36 years not caring about or looking after my hair... I can spend a year now putting all my energy and focus into it.

Lol@turning the tv off to think about your hair

Nope. It soft and healthy. That's all that matters. I stopped trying to make a regimen because I just don't care enough. Beside being a pj there's not much to my hhj.

Yes. Well...at least until last night after I cut all my hair off out of boredom. I used to look at EACH AND EVERY HAIR STRAND that came out of my hair to determine if it was breakage, shedding, split, where the split was located, how many splits, if the hair was thin, medium, or thick...I was obsessed. I would watch YouTube videos until my eyes burned..My 4 year old daughter knows a lot about hair and even reminds me to baggy her hair on saturdays. She actually has a youtube channel where she subscribed to Natural Hair gurus that she likes

I had a friend years back who started her Long Healthy Hair Journey.
Lovely girl, but we who knew nothing or very little about hair journeys would laugh at just how consumed she was by her hair.

Sure her hair was long and lush, but the time, effort and the limitation of her conversation meant that she wasn't much more than walking, talking hair.

People would comment on having bumped into her on the street and she would talk about her hair and ask how long healthy their hair was, as though she was talking about their general health and well-being.

Sad to say... I've become her!:lachen:
I can't help it, it's consumes me, if I'm not washing, I'm talking about washing, or products, or protective styling, or relaxing, or natural, or hair ends, or roots, .... :spinning::drunk: I've gone hair :crazy: crazy!

Anyone else totally consumed? How bad has it gotten for you? Anyone else commented on it?

Share with us the stories and experienced of how consumed you've become by your hair.

My Husband says if I would read the Bible and study the Word as much as I studied my Hair, I'd be a Bible Scholar. I definitely am trying to change that. I cannot continue to "worship" my Hair. It ain't right.

PinkSunshine77 said:
My Husband says if I would read the Bible and study the Word as much as I studied my Hair, I'd be a Bible Scholar. I definitely am trying to change that. I cannot continue to "worship" my Hair. It ain't right.

Seriously, this is where I'm at right now. I need to put this much energy and study time into the Word. My hair has become an "idol" in my life.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

IDareT'sHair said:
felic1

Thanks for the "Plug" :lol:

Some of those Ladies have been on LHCF since 2006 etc...and are just as excited as someone that Joined in 2012.

They Love all things both Hair & Products!:lol:

And their excitement helps keep me Motivated (and broke).:drunk:

I ve been in hair boards since 2002 ,back then was alot more active in "learning how to care for my hair ..Now i enjoy talking /reading about products ,looking at pics of nice healthy hair . I dont do much with my hair ,i go through periods where i get really enthusiastic about it but never lasts long ..Products ...that's another story ..10 years and the "habit" hasn't improved at all ,receiving that package give me an excitement that can't just be replaced ,you open the box .. pick up the jar ,so clean and new , open it , smell the product..you look at the ingredient list then smile thinking "i so made the right choice ... bliss!

Last edited:
Can you imagine how MUCH you could accomplish if the same obsessive energy, visualizations and thoughts were applied in other areas and desires?

^^ How true hey! Not any more am I obessed. The first 2 years I was living and breathing about hair and it paid off, so no regrets. However now I have slowed down, when I hit a new milestone I would be excited but that is all.

I had a friend years back who started her Long Healthy Hair Journey.
Lovely girl, but we who knew nothing or very little about hair journeys would laugh at just how consumed she was by her hair.

Sure her hair was long and lush, but the time, effort and the limitation of her conversation meant that she wasn't much more than walking, talking hair.

People would comment on having bumped into her on the street and she would talk about her hair and ask how long healthy their hair was, as though she was talking about their general health and well-being.

Sad to say... I've become her!:lachen:
I can't help it, it's consumes me, if I'm not washing, I'm talking about washing, or products, or protective styling, or relaxing, or natural, or hair ends, or roots, .... :spinning::drunk: I've gone hair :crazy: crazy!

Anyone else totally consumed? How bad has it gotten for you? Anyone else commented on it?

Share with us the stories and experienced of how consumed you've become by your hair.

People who probably think I'm consumed are dh, bff, and db. I don't get into hair with people in general.

I ve been in hair boards since 2002 ,back then was alot more active in "learning how to care for my hair ..Now i enjoy talking /reading about products ,looking at pics of nice healthy hair . I dont do much with my hair ,i go through periods where i get really enthusiastic about it but never lasts long ..Products ...that's another story ..10 years and the "habit" hasn't improved at all ,receiving that package give me an excitement that can't just be replaced ,you open the box .. pick up the jar ,so clean and new , open it , smell the product..you look at the ingredient list then smile thinking "i so made the right choice ... bliss!

Kindheart

Yeah....:grin: I don't think this will ever change.

The Ups & Downs of PJ-ism. And that next great Haul!:lol:

I have always been consumed by my hair. It started with my mother and my grandmother and their efforts to fix a little nappy-headed colored girl so she could look presentable on Easter and other important days in the year. I lived through the good hair discussions and I was fortunate that I only had brothers so there was no competition in my household. I like the advice and recommendations for other forum users--I wished I had found this obsession sooner!

Last edited:
On Here: Yes, Yes & Yes:lol: Most Definitely

IRL: Not so much.:sad:

Because I'm under a Wig and nobody knows what's going on under there (and probably don't care).:lol:

Very 'rarely' in the Real World do I talk about hair or find somebody to talk about it with.

But when I do find occasion: I'm all over it.:lol:

Same here :grin:

I am completely obsessed. But i feel that my hair has saved me in a sense cause I'm working out more & eating right. When i get stress or down, i come on the boards or do my hair even if its just m&s. It help takes my mind off of things. & i luv talking about hair too.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

I do my hair to unwind or if I'm stressed too. It's relaxing and makes me all better lol.

Seriously, this is where I'm at right now. I need to put this much energy and study time into the Word. My hair has become an "idol" in my life.

well I'll pray for you and you pray for me :) our focus needs to be on Him the creator of every strand on our heads. :yep:

It's a nice distraction from everything else that is going on in my life, healthier than things I have focused on in the past

^^This!
I'm afraid that the time and effort I put into researching about hair is outweighing the time I spend in my bible and praying, and I know that just isn't right! At this point there isn't even any good reason for me to be doing o much research because I basically know everything already, it's just become such a habit to check LHCF, natural hair blogs, and YT for new videos that I'm not quite sure how to break it.

its nothing wrong w being consumed w having a nice head of hair..
to me, it's the same as removing under arm & face hair. it's a necessity
( will I wax it or cream it off? it's going to come off....

I don't share my routine.... most people don't ask they are too busy trying to see if it's real or not!! lol
I know then my time was well spent

No, am over that.

I realise all I need to do is moisturise, protect and let it grow.

I used to length check once a week lol.

I like doing hair, and I hope to have a cosmeotology license someday, but consumed with hair, no. My care methods are very simple.

I've probably been on this site everyday since my join date.
It has consumed me.
I often think what if our details said "number of hours on LHCF" right under location; I would be ashamed, lmao.

Back