Has Elasta QP Mango Butter been changed to this?

YUP and I LOVE it!! :grin: some people say it seems different to them but to me its about the same and it is still one of my favorite staples.

I haven't been able to find it either.

Would this still be consider protein like the previous mango butter or no?

It is creamier and I love it. to me it is better than the old one because you get more for your money plus its creamier. I have been moisturizing with this all week and I just love it.:grin:

I haven't been able to find it either.

Would this still be considered protein like the previous mango butter or no?

Good question. Would adding oil change the protein composition or no? LHCF chemists, can you weigh in please?

E QP MB has been a staple of mine for over a year. I honestly don't notice any difference between the old and new.

:yay::yay::yay:I bought some a couple years ago and didn't like it BUT BECAUSE OF THE LADIES AT LHCF, I decided to try it again! I bought a jar of the new formula last week and I LOVE IT! It's creamier, very moisturizing, and you get more! I don't think you'll be disappointed...

Glad to see so many people feel it hasn't changed much or that it might be even better than the original. That stuff is nice. I still have a whole jar of the original moisturizer though, so when that runs out we'll see about the new one.

Does it still contain no glycerin? The original is one of the few glycerin free moisturizers I have, and I'd be heartbroken to have to find a new one.

Has anyone ever mixed oil in the old formula to make it a little creamier? I'm curious because I want to do this...

I hope they didn't mess this up! This is def a staple of mine and I would be very annoyed if it's not the same

Y'all I just bought this... along with some other Elasta QP goodies.... so far sooo good.... I 1st sprayed my hair with the G-99.5 (just Glycerin and water) then put the Elaste QP Mango butter... it says vitamin-rich organic infusion olive oil + on top but the actual name just says Mango Butter Moisturizer.
INTENSIVEmango.jpg

I really loved the consistency of it, its whipped and creamy... I also like the smell. This is my 1st time using it, but I think its a good buy. Thanks to this thread! I would have totally slept on it

ETA:
Ingredients:
Aqua (purified water), Squalane (olive oil deriverd), Caprylic/capric triglyceride (coconut oil derived), peg-75 lanolin, behntrimonium methosulfate, hexadecanol, cateraryl alcohol, ceterareth-20, dimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, mangifera indica (MANGO) seed butter, therobrrna cacao (Cocoa) seed butter, hydrolyzed silk, serica, methlparaben, propyparabe, butylparaben, fragracem fd&c yellow no. 5

Last edited:
:bump: I just ordered the new formula...I've never tried the old formula. I have a staple moisturizer but it's expensive so I hope this works well

I've used it a couple of times. It smells great and it works the same as the mango butter for me. It's just a little bit richer probably due to the olive oil. I like it so far.

Update..I've only been using it for a couple of days (new formula), but so far I really like it. The Moisture lasts all day and there's no build up residue and I love the smell.

I don't need to seal when I use this moisturizer and my ends really love it

Last edited:
I;m updating too.. Ive been using the new one after I spray with Glycerin and water mix then put the mango butter on top. It's definitely helped my dry brillo pad hair. I think it's going to help me grow out my edges and nape...

Cosigning on the great creamy texture, yummy smell, and it doesn't flake or leave a residue.

I really like it. I added a smidget of olive oil to this one and it makes my hair moisturised all day! My hair really loves this - and its cheap! :grin:

I have used the new one and I love it . I just did a new twist out a few hours ago. At first it didnt feel very moisturing at all but I put it on my hair while wet. Anyway I I did my braids with the mango butter and I put a lil olive oil in my palm and glided it through the braids...they are dry now I took it out and my hair is extremly moisturized. and the mango butter helps lay my hair down and stretch my relaxer. I would recomend it .

I didn't know the formula changed. I used to love Mango Butter but then I fell in love with Bee Mine Luscious Cream Moisturizer and I haven't returned to Elasta QP since.

But it's good to know that the new version seems to be working just as well for all of you.

Back