Has Biotin helped more than your hair?

lovelymissyoli

As of today I started taking Biotin pills. When I was looking at the bottle the product description stated that: “Biotin is a B vitamin that enhances energy production and is required for fat breakdown”. I’ve also noticed that the One-A-Day Carbsmart vitamins are now made with “more Biotin”, so my question to you ladies is has Biotin helped you loose/maintain weight in addition to helping your growth rate or no?

I’m hoping that I might just be able to get 2 benefits for the price of 1!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

i never saw any difference in my weight when i took biotin, however some ladies have said that they have lost 5 lbs when they started taking it.

Man, I wish!!!! But maybe I need to take it longer.

ETA I just bought some more, and they are 5 mg so I am going up from 3.6 mg. Maybe that will help.

i dont take biotin solely by itself. but biotin is in the Super B Complex and the multivitamin I take. from what i've read about biotin, its to make your hair strands thicker... that's definitely true in my case! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Some people have experienced weightloss. I remember a post DSD made when she first started taking it about how she accidentally lost weight with the biotin /images/graemlins/smile.gif

it must be something to this, because my 13 year old son was looking at me today and said mama you have lost some weight! ya'll know I was /images/graemlins/dance7.gif when he said this!!!!

I think there is something to this also. I have lost about 8 pounds since I have started taking biotin. This is without any changes in the way I eat. I am very happy with that. /images/graemlins/clap.gif biotin is my new best friend!

Wow...I guess there are more benefits in taking Biotin then I thought.

@ sharee & Poohbear: How long have you been taking Biotin to notice a difference in your hair/weight?

Ah man, I hope Biotin does not cause any weightloss in me cause Im taking it and if its seems to be helping everyone lose weight then Im gonna disappear soon!!! /images/graemlins/tongue.giferplexed:

[ QUOTE ]
Shariracquel said:
Ah man, I hope Biotin does not cause any weightloss in me cause Im taking it and if its seems to be helping everyone lose weight then Im gonna disappear soon!!! /images/graemlins/tongue.giferplexed:

[/ QUOTE ]

You and me both I only weigh about a buck twenty so I will blow away in the wind. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jaded_faerie said:
i never saw any difference in my weight when i took biotin, however some ladies have said that they have lost 5 lbs when they started taking it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be running out for my bottle /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Biotin has made my hair thicker which is a good thing. I al so seem to be able to eat like a horse at times and no weight seems to show up as a result. I've taken biotin by itself for a while and noticed these things. Now I take a bunch more so I can't attribute other things just to biotin.

[ QUOTE ]
Camille429 said:
I think I might have lost a little weight with biotin, but it did a number on my skin. It just wasn't worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif....what happened??!!??

[ QUOTE ]
lovelymissyoli said:
[ QUOTE ]
Camille429 said:
I think I might have lost a little weight with biotin, but it did a number on my skin. It just wasn't worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif....what happened??!!??

[/ QUOTE ]

Biotin broke me out like crazy! I had no idea my body would react to it like that. I tried to increase my water intake, but that didn't even help. I guess I'm weird; biotin prevents break outs in other people...not me though! Never again!

Back