HAS ANYONE USED THIS STYLER BEFORE?

Mandy4610

Please give some reviews if you have used it. I bought one already, but I am debating whether to keep it or not.
p57456b.jpg

I have one. I don't use it that much. It makes my hair slightly less puffy than when I use a regular blow dryer. But it doesn't really straighten and also it seems to cause a bit of breakage at the ends of my hair. There is a knob on top that you are supposed to turn to make the teeth tighter in order to staigthen/blow dry better but I didn't notice a difference.

I have one. I don't use it that much. It makes my hair slightly less puffy than when I use a regular blow dryer. But it doesn't really straighten and also it seems to cause a bit of breakage at the ends of my hair. There is a knob on top that you are supposed to turn to make the teeth tighter in order to staigthen/blow dry better but I didn't notice a difference.
Thanks for the review. I will have to check out the knob thingy and see what happens.

It is a hair dryer, and of course - I own one.... :lachen:

Dang. I am getting tired of saying that.

It heats up well, But - Lots of hair gets caught... and - it is hard to clean....

That Sucks.

haaaa

I am planning on buying one, so please update me with a review once you have used it. Thanks.

I have a review in my fotki, I think that it is a good tool.
But my hair is too long to deal with it.

Still A Lady - GURL... don't buy it - you got mucho more hair than me

I was wondering when someone on this board was gonna post about this. I learned about it on BHM.I have it and I love it but I put it on hold for a while because my relaxed ends are too fragile and I'm transitioning. It straightened my 4b hair very well WAY better than the blow dryer, not flat iron good, but good enough for me to just wear my hair w/o having to iron and be satisfied. I like it for my shorter spots at the nape and the roots. The other ladies are right it will pull your hair if you are not careful and like SJ said it is ridiculously difficult to clean! I do think it's a good tool to have and plan on going back to it when I need some super straightening when I get rid of my dead ends.

BTW, it's made for short hair so since I am growing out a very short cut it works very well but if my hair were longer IDK:ohwell:

I have the full size version and I LOVE it. I dont know if its because I have the full blow-dryer but I've never had any problems with hair pulling. Its the best blow-dryer I've used since being natural to get my hair dry and straight.

Thank you ladies,
So I tried it and I still don't know if I like it. I think it does not heat up as much which makes the process longer. There was some hair in it, which was not bad, I would get that with anything that I use.
I think I have to use it again to me able to give a better review.

After I used it I also used......this
:hide:

p51448b.jpg

I have the full size version and I LOVE it. I dont know if its because I have the full blow-dryer but I've never had any problems with hair pulling. Its the best blow-dryer I've used since being natural to get my hair dry and straight.
I almost bought the full size version, but I was not sure how heavy or difficult to handle it would be.
Now I am wondering...Does it get hot enough? Does it get your hair pretty stretched? What hair type are you?
So many question sorry, just want to decide.

Wow not hot enough? I stopped using it on high because I thought that was too hot. I am curious about the dryer but I don't use comb attachment with my dryers anymore since learning about the tension method.

Wow not hot enough? I stopped using it on high because I thought that was too hot. I am curious about the dryer but I don't use comb attachment with my dryers anymore since learning about the tension method.
Ummm:ohwell:, Maybe its just me...I am a heat junkie, but I did not think it was that hot. My napps took forever to dry and it did not straighten as much as the other hot air brush I used.
I need to learn more about the tension method. Is that for relaxed or for natural hair? Do you have a link please?

I almost bought the full size version, but I was not sure how heavy or difficult to handle it would be.
Now I am wondering...Does it get hot enough? Does it get your hair pretty stretched? What hair type are you?
So many question sorry, just want to decide.

It gets hot enough and my hair is stretched really good. It looks like I blowdryed my relaxed hair, its smooth . Im 4a/b you can look at my fotki for a better look at my texture, the link is in my siggy.

Ummm:ohwell:, Maybe its just me...I am a heat junkie, but I did not think it was that hot. My napps took forever to dry and it did not straighten as much as the other hot air brush I used.
I need to learn more about the tension method. Is that for relaxed or for natural hair? Do you have a link please?

It's for both relaxed and natural. The idea is to keep the manipulation to a minimum. This method stretches my natural 4b roots pretty well in preparation for flat ironing, or sometimes I don't even flat iron afterwards.
Here's the link just scroll down and you'll see a pic of pinkskates demonstrating it: http://longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=298845&page=4

It's for both relaxed and natural. The idea is to keep the manipulation to a minimum. This method stretches my natural 4b roots pretty well in preparation for flat ironing, or sometimes I don't even flat iron afterwards.
Here's the link just scroll down and you'll see a pic of pinkskates demonstrating it: http://longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=298845&page=4
Thank you...My hair is probably not long enough for this method, but when it gets longer, I will try it.

Back