Has anyone used heat to straighten just the roots

Trinity1

And then do the braid out? I know most of us have done the braid out on wet/natural hair or saturated it with s curl. This is how I normally do it but this week I tried straightening out my roots first and then doing the braid out on dry hair with some hair cream and it came out really nice. The cuticle lays nice and flat. Has anyone else ever done this? I was thinking about doing this twice a week when I wash my hair but only after a deep conditioner and heat protectant. Do you think it will be damaging?

Tee Tee

No, but I thought about it...it's just easier for me to do on wet hair - less work. I think after a while the heat would be damaging.

Yeah I agree Nita4 that after a while it would be damaging,but just like every other thing I've tried,its only for a short while. I never do the same thing to my hair over and over again except wash and condition. I try to mix it up and I think I'm going to experiment with the heat twice a week for a little while. My theory is that the heat would only be applied to the new growth which would constantly be new hair so it wouldnt be too stressed from the heat,never apply the heat to the ends and only for not more than 2 months or so. I guess sometimes for me its fun to sport the length I've obtained and without heat I get alot of shrinkage. But I'm not going to do this forever because I know the deal and dont want any adverse effects from the direct heat. Thanks for responding.

Tee Tee

I think if you mix it up and use in moderation it would be okay. I do this to, wouldn't do twice a week. Too much heat. I make sure I condition good prior too and after. I use Dudley's creme press as my heat protectant.

Back