Has anyone tried transitioning with Mizani Thermasmooth?

nomadpixi

Hi ladies,

I have been steadily trying to grow my hair. I'll make full APL by December but right now it looks/feels thin. So as I get older, natural texture seems to be calling to me, but I have such unhappy experiences with fully natural hair. I had seen folks using Thermasmooth, but wanted more info about it than I've been seeing. Would love to find out if this will work since I'm really not crazy about my hair on relaxers anymore.

Let's figure it out: is Thermasmooth the solution to good transition to natural? Can you use only the shampoo/conditioner? How about only the conditioner (for co/wash)? do you really need heat to make it work properly?

Thanks for the replies

Everyone's hair is different. I had better luck with Halo's Smoothing Shampoo and Con. I did pretty well with the other two products (3 and 4.) The problem with them is that they are very expensive. My last flat ironing I used some redken and john freida weatherworks products and had just as nice results. It was cheaper because I was able to buy the travel size Redken.

Your hair looks lovely LadyRaider. So you didn't use the Shampoo and conditioner? Which Redken products did you use? I may be able to get Redken here. I'm just realizing that my hair will never achieve the look I want with a relaxer and I was hoping technology would finally catch up to my hair challenges :)

I use therasmooth shampoo and conditioner. I cowash with the conditioner and use both the shampoo and conditioner every once in a while. It detangles my hair very well. I believe the shampoo has a little sodium hydroxide in it, so I only rinse with the shampoo one time. I also use the thera strength (in the pump bottle) to blowdry my hair. I love it. It is a staple product for me.

The few times that I got my hair straightened during my 17.5 month transition my stylist used the Thermasmooth system. It kept my hair straight and free of reversion until I washed. I plan on buying the system and using it to rollerset my hair and blow out my roots when I straighten in October.

Back