Has anyone tried the Roux Alpha 5 in 1 corrective shampoo?

HoneyDew

I am asking because I was a fruitcake and picked it up by mistake when I went to grab for the Porosity Control shampoo I normally use.

I am sure the BSS will take it back, but it does looks pretty interesting. I am just afraid to use it because the Porosity Control shampoo is my baby and I never really stray from that one. But I do LOVE Roux products.

This what they say:

Corrective shampoo formulated with five conditioning benefits. Perfect for dry, damaged or chemically treated hair. The conditioning is so intense no after-shampoo conditioner is needed. (I don't know about that!)
What It Does:
  1. Improves texture and manageability.
  2. Restores correct pH balance.
  3. Seals in moisture.
  4. Adds body and shine.
  5. Detangles instantly.

alpha.jpg

http://rouxblue.com/alpha.asp

I haven't tried it yet, but I do look at it every time I go to the BSS cause I'm so tempted to try it. I can't get past the "no conditioner needed" part.:perplexed

Lavendar said:
I haven't tried it yet, but I do look at it every time I go to the BSS cause I'm so tempted to try it. I can't get past the "no conditioner needed" part.:perplexed

:lol: :lol: That is what freaks me out, too. But look at CON - one of them, the green one I think, says that too. You see how many people use that one.

But, then I don't like CON. It leave build up when I use it. My hair not as shiny and does not feel the way I prefer after it is dry and styled.

That is another reason why I don't like it.

I think I am going to punk out and trade it in for my Porosity Control Shampoo.

Can you try it and then return it if you don't like it? I'd like to know how it works. Are you willing to be a guinea pig for a day?

See NewFlowers tryin' to set me up! :lol:

You know if it did not have Balsam in the ingredient list I would try it. That is the ingredient in CON that I think my hair does not like.

I am really afraid to use it.

My mom LOVES CON. I am going to see if she will try it.

newflowers said:
Just tell your mother it is for scientific research purposes.

:lol: :lol:

I was reading the label again, I may keep it to use on relaxer days to help with neutralizing.

Also, I was reading the ingredients again - very close to CON.

HoneyDew said:
:lol: :lol: That is what freaks me out, too. But look at CON - one of them, the green one I think, says that too. You see how many people use that one.

But, then I don't like CON. It leave build up when I use it. My hair not as shiny and does not feel the way I prefer after it is dry and styled.

That is another reason why I don't like it.

I think I am going to punk out and trade it in for my Porosity Control Shampoo.

I could have written this myself, same results. Go on and trade it girl....PC poo is the stuff, you already know that. Don't risk it.

Lavendar said:
I could have written this myself, same results. Go on and trade it girl....PC poo is the stuff, you already know that. Don't risk it.

PC really is a great shampoo. Since I started using it, I haven't turned back. The Alpha on just seems a little too much like CON to me. It smells great, though.

I use this now and I love it! It is very comparable to green label CoN but I actually like this one a little better and I am in LOVE with CoN. It smells better and my hair just feels a bit silkier when rinsing out than Con but the ingredients are pretty much the same (Roux has less ingredients and no sodium hydroxide). Ladies who are still looking for a CoN green label replacement try this one, I don't think you will be disappointed. Thanks HoneyDew for posting about this shampoo, I would've never tried it!

Bumpity bump bump.....

I too made the same mistake and snagged this shampoo instead of the PC, i've never used the PC line so this was the first time i went to the BSS for it. Have any naturals used this stuff??

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Trideceth-7, Carboxylic Acid, Sodium Cocoamphopropionate, Lauramide DEA, Glycol Stearate, Polyquaternium-10, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolydzed Milk Protein, Pectin, Mel (Honey), Lecithin, Citrus Medica Limomum (Lemon) Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Weat) Germ Oil, Abies Balsamea (Balsam Canada) Resin, Fragrance (parfum), Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

Back