Has anyone tried nexxus pro med split end binding

phyl73

So I was in Wally World today and saw this product in the aisle. It says it "restores strength to damaged hair & repairs 94% of split ends overnight. Has anyone tried this product? I purchased the overnight treatment creme and daily conditioner. Feedback please???!!!!!

a6890e58-6dd8-30a1.jpg

a6890e58-6df6-7363.jpg

a6890e58-6db3-ceff.jpg

I dont know how you can mend split ends...Prevent yes..But mend /i dont know may-be smooth the ends down..
Keep us posted!

How was the conditioner?

Happy Hair Growing!

I just ordered this, the conditioner and overnight treatment from Wally World. It'll be interesting to see how it works!!

I just ordered this, the conditioner and overnight treatment from Wally World. It'll be interesting to see how it works!!

Coffee..Love your pony-tail..Great Progress..

PLEASE GIVE A REVIEW (Conditioner/Overnight Treatment)...Because if this can repair split ends..It's the new Product STAPLE for ALL......
Thanks!

Happy Hair Growing!

Just bumpin'...I really like the shampoo and conditioner. I haven't bought the overnight treatment because I am really diggin' the ones I have now - Alterna Overnight and Loreal Overnight...

I used it on Saturday night and it did its job. My ends were smooth. I don't know if they'll stay that way, but for now, they are smooth. I like!!

Well, nothing can technically repair split ends, all they can do is temporarily mend them together (glue them together). As soon as you wash your hair, the split ends will no longer be glued together.....

I used it on Saturday night and it did its job. My ends were smooth. I don't know if they'll stay that way, but for now, they are smooth. I like!!

I noticed this as well...for the most part it is just a temporary means to an end....I have not had my hair trimmed since August and I am an AVID 8-10 week trimmer - my ends have been maintaining solely due to the Alterna Overnight and Loreal Overnight...I just started the Pro Mend about 2-3 weeks ago and noticed that it just enhanced my current results and it is essentially a daily conditioner which comes in handy as I wash my hair 3-4 days a week

I noticed this as well...for the most part it is just a temporary means to an end....I have not had my hair trimmed since August and I am an AVID 8-10 week trimmer - my ends have been maintaining solely due to the Alterna Overnight and Loreal Overnight...I just started the Pro Mend about 2-3 weeks ago and noticed that it just enhanced my current results and it is essentially a daily conditioner which comes in handy as I wash my hair 3-4 days a week

So you just use the conditioner?

Happy Hair Growing!

Well, nothing can technically repair split ends, all they can do is temporarily mend them together (glue them together). As soon as you wash your hair, the split ends will no longer be glued together.....

The info on the box doesn't say that it repairs the split ends, it only binds them together.

Oh okay, I just read this one where it says at the top that it can "repair 94% of split ends overnight" and just wanted to put it out there just in case anyone had any unrealistic goals with the product :)....

I totally get what you're saying and I agree- you can't "repair" split ends. But
I think that after a thorough trimming/dusting/S&Ding, this would be a great tool to keep new split ends from forming.

I may have to check this stuff out :yep:

bumping - I bought the products after Naturalbornqueen review on youtube. Going to wash my hair to tonight. I will use it ever so often to help prevent slit ends. I am very curious what it is all about.

Who is is using it still and what do you think about the product? Thanks!
I will come back and give a review afterwards. I really hope I get to wash my hair tonight. All excited.

Last night I put on the overnight treatment creme, yep it made the ends cling together. I love the smell and the hair feels soft.

Oh my I am LOVING IT! I only used the shampoo so far and I am now sitting with the conditioner on my hair w/ a shower cap over it. The shampoo, I'm telling you, the shampoo gave my hair slip, how is that possible? I don't care, I don't care I am so LOVING IT and the smell as well.

What I have done so far was detangled by applying NTM and a little of my oil mix to my roots. I am 18 weeks post and missed one wash week so detangling yep is a must. I braided it in 4 sections.

Next I applied the Nexxus Pro-mend shampoo to my scalp and washed it out. I decided I wanted my ends really clean of any products it may have, so I added lightly some of the shampoo to the hair. I used a shower comb and my hair was like silk, like butter while rinsing out. No tangles, Nada!

So yes loving it so far.

I will come back when I rinse out the conditioner and add my leave-ins and let you know what I think of the rest of the Nexxus Pro-Mend products.

The instruction for the conditioner was leave-in for 3 minutes. I am going to leave it in for 20 at least.

I promised to come back and let you know how I felt about the whole product line.

I loved the conditioners (daily conditioner and leave-in), but hate the heat protectant styling spray. It was like I put setting lotion or hair spray in my hair. I don't use either.

For the wash I only used the nexxus pro-mend product line. I used the daily conditioner as my DC so I can do a fair review on the product.

Next wash I am going to leave out their heat protectant and return using chi silk infusion and see. Here are my results. (My hair does not look shiny and I didn't like the feel of my hair which I think it was the heat protectant. My ends looked okay, except for few places at the back of head).

lhcfIMG_0580-vi.jpg

lhcfIMG_0606copy-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Stopping in to say that I LOVE the overnight treatment creme. I used it for the first time last night. I put it on my ends and then passed out and went to sleep. I was exhausted! When I woke up this morning I looked in the mirror (forgetting that I had put the overnight creme in my hair last night) and immediately saw the difference. I ran a comb through my hair and just stared at my ends. They really looked good.

I haven't tried the conditioner yet but will over the weekend. The leave-in just arrived today so I will be trying that tomorrow.

So far, I love this line!

I've used the overnight treatment, shampoo and conditioner and leave in. The treatment only once but the others 3x so far. I've definitely noticed a difference. My hair is stronger, shiny, and it's not all over my clothes and the floor after I comb it. I'm half texlaxed and half relaxed bone straight. I'm six weeks post touch up today and my hair is manageable. Usually it's crying for a retouch by this time but I can foresee myself making it to 8 weeks again, I haven't been able to do that since I started to texlax. I can't say yet that I look like I got a salon trim but my hair in general looks healthy, even my sister noticed.

I've yet to try the product. I took out my sew in and went right back into another. I'll try it next time and hopefully will have the same effects everyone else is having.

The 2nd time I used this line I didn't use their heat protectant. I my hair felt so much softer and I did incorporate it into my hair wash regimen as an add. So far so good!

Ladies,
For those of you near a Walgreen's, Nexxus products are currently on a BOGO sale. I plan to pick some of the Pro mend line up today.

Back