Has anyone tried/heard of this? Philosophy Marinating Oil

tapioca_pudding

I was on a beauty blog and came across a post re: help for Dominican hair. I thought hmmm, alot of the LHCF ladies like Dom. products so lets see what shes talking about. :D

Basically this product is used as a prepoo. Here is the description:

shear splendor restorative conditioning marinade

philosophy's shear splendor line of restorative hair care products are formulated for the oldest thing about you; your hair. what peptides have done for your skin, they can now do for your hair. philosophy delivers a revolutionary, results driven shear splendor restorative weekly hair marinade formula that makes it easier than ever to restore dry, damaged, chemically treated hair. if your hair needs a makeover marinade it for twenty minutes or overnight for extraordinary results.

you need this product if...
  • you are seeking relief from severely damaged and chemically treated dry hair
  • you desire a product that delivers noticeable results can be seen and felt after a single application
  • you prefer a multi-tasking formula that does it all - repairs damage, moisturizes and hydrates and restores strength and shine
  • you seek an ultra hydrating and moisturizing formula that protects hair from the heat of common styling aids
P144736_hero.jpg

Ingredients: helianthus annuus (hybrid sunflower) oil, peg-40 sorbitan peroleate, tocotrienol, panthenyl ethyl ether, fragrance (parfum),butylene glycol, water (aqua), ppg-26-buteth-26, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, apigenin, oleanolic acid, biotinoyl tripeptide-1, beta carotene, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol

How to Apply: product should be applied to un-washed, dry hair. apply a palm-full amount to your hair, work in from ends to the scalp in a massaging motion. can be used twenty minutes or overnight for miraculous results. *if using overnight, protect sheets and pillowcase with a towel or by using a shower cap. follow with shear splendor daily shampoo and daily conditioning hair mask. best used on a weekly basis.

Sounds interesting. :)

I used this before. I was nothing special... I like Ojon restorative treatment better. It did smell good!

It seems just like Ojon Restorative treatment. Some over priced oils that you can pick up at your local health food store for a bout $5 dollars, in a pretty bottle with some fragrance.

Philosophy has some great products for hair. I like their Sheer Splendor Line:yep:. My mother uses it (she's 74 btw) and she loves their products. I've used the Marinade in the past and I liked it. I remember it left my hair very soft and shiny:yep:. There is another product I used to really love from them but I can't think of the name and I think they discontinued it.

Ah okay! I didn't know that was the purpose of Ojon Restorative. I'm sure there are WAY better alternatives to this product, it just ran across my attention this morning and I said Hmmmm... :)

It seems just like Ojon Restorative treatment. Some over priced oils that you can pick up at your local health food store for a bout $5 dollars, in a pretty bottle with some fragrance.

I agree. I would try some natural oils and create a mix. You will get your $$$ worth.

Back