Has anyone tried EMU oil ?

girl, yeah. we use emu oil all up and through LHCF. I only use the oil, never any soaps.

O kay! I hope you all will forgive my ignorance. Can ya tell I'm new? :lachen:
(luv, luv, luv the shoes!)
Where do you buy your emu oil? and does it help with retaining length?

O kay! I hope you all will forgive my ignorance. Can ya tell I'm new? :lachen:
(luv, luv, luv the shoes!)
Where do you buy your emu oil? and does it help with retaining length?

That's OK,we were all new at one point :)

I get my emu oil from a local health food store. The brand is Thunder Ridge. I don't use it all over my hair, just on the scalp in the winter to keep is from getting dry and on my face at night.

I mixed my EMU oil with castor oil,sweet almond oil and Avocado oil to seal ends of hair. I use oil also on face at night sometimes.

I've used emu oil, can't say it did anything miraculous. It's very moisturizing though.

emu oil grew my hair out tremendously! it is an EFA (essential fatty acid) something our body needs bt doesnt produce...it has great penetrative properties...HTH:yep:

I just bought some emu oil last weekend after reading raves about it's skin benefits here on LHCF.

I just started using Retin-A, so I apply it 3 nights a week, a few minutes after having applied Retin-A to my skin.

I bought a 2 oz bottle from Vitamin Shoppe. I am looking forward to using it--I've read on here that it keeps the skin very moisturized. I would use it on my scalp, too...but it's kinda on the expensive side, so I'll just stick to using it on my face at night for now ;)

I just bought some emu oil last weekend after reading raves about it's skin benefits here on LHCF.

I just started using Retin-A, so I apply it 3 nights a week, a few minutes after having applied Retin-A to my skin.

I bought a 2 oz bottle from Vitamin Shoppe. I am looking forward to using it--I've read on here that it keeps the skin very moisturized. I would use it on my scalp, too...but it's kinda on the expensive side, so I'll just stick to using it on my face at night for now ;)

I didn't know they sold it there! It's been on my wishlist for a while.

I mix Emu Oil with Castor oil and use on my edges after using Joyce Williams Hair Food and my hailine is growing like weed.
I also use it on my skin to help with dry patches.

Back