Has anyone successfully relaxed over texturized hair?

achangedlife

I started texturizing with phyto in november. I really liked the new texture and in march I decided to cut out my relaxer. However my texture seems to be much kinkier than I originally thought. I am 7 wks post touch up and when my hair is washed and dried I can barely tell the difference between my natural hair and my texturized hair. I like to wear my hair straight so I've been pressing/flat ironing to get it straight. The problem with that is that it doesn't last (especially when I work out or when the weather is bad) and I find myself using a lot of heat. To make a long story short, I decided to go back to relaxing. I'm thinking that since the my texturized hair is so close to my natural hair then it would be like getting a corrective relaxer. If anyone has done this without breakage I would appreciate a response, I would also like to know what you did to prevent breakage.

I plan on getting this done professionally. I will deep condition every week and use porosity control for the few washes and then use thermasmooth when I start to get new growths in order to stretch the relaxer, and maintaining my style with rollersets (oh how I miss my rollersets!!), and use mizani h2o nite treatment as a moisturizer. I think that will work well but I would like some opinions. TIA

Back