Has anyone imitated a Dominican Blowout at home (???)

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
If you have imitated a Dominican Blowout at home, please share how you did it, what products and hair tools/appliances you used, and whether it was a curly or straight blowout! Pictures of how to do it or the results of your blowout will be helpful too! ;)

I also remember JenniferMD starting a thread about how to do an at home Dominican Blowout, but I cannot find it. It used to be one of my favorites...if someone can find it, I would be greatly appreciated. :grin:

Thanks in advance!!!

Webby and Chichi both have done them before. I believe Webby has a step by step album on how to do it. You could PM her for her album's password.

I do know that you need the right blowdryer to pull off the results. They could suggest a brand for you.

Tai said:
Webby and Chichi both have done them before. I believe Webby has a step by step album on how to do it. You could PM her for her album's password.

I do know that you need the right blowdryer to pull off the results. They could suggest a brand for you.
Morning ladies :wave:

Yes, I have a step-by-step album. If you or anyone is interested, PM me for password. After many years of trial and error, I finally figured out how to do it on my own. It's so liberating to not HAVE to rely on a stylist.

I've done one at home before. It's al most been a year since I did it, so I don't remember what products i used in my hair, but as far as appliances, I used the following:

- Hooded dryer

- Mostly Green 3" magnetic rollers a few grey ones (those silver clips)

- handheld blowdryer with a "make shift" concentrated noozle (broke the teeth on a dryer attachment) note: I have a real concentrated noozle now :lol:

- Round Ceramic 2" Brush

Since I had a lot of Newgrowth at the time, I did put Kid's Organics cream on my newgrowth. When I was finished I used NTM serum ... other than those 2 products I don't remember the rest.

It was my first try and it turned out wonderfully: bouncy, shiny ...! It's really not that hard and the results are worthwhile! Tracy answered some of my questions about Dominican Blowouts and I gave it a try.

Thanks Allandra!

I'm gonna try this on the weekend. I will try to rollerset my 5 months of new growth with rollers but I shouldn't have too much difficulty because I will be using my red rollers which are bigger than the pink & green ones I usually use for a rollerset. So I don't have to do as many sections when rolling my hair up!

It's the same as a straight blow out - they just use smaller rollers to start (red for ex. as opposed to grey) and blow the roots only. The only difference is you put more curl in the hair and don't blow as much out of it.

Back