HAS ANYONE HERE USED ELASTA QP LYE RELAXER

Nanyanika

I'm thinking of switching from my no-lye to lye, even though it gets my hair straight I'm beginning to experience dryness issues, i was wondering if there is anyone who has used this formula. Does it get the hair straight and silky? Have you experienced dryness? thanks in advance

Last edited:
I used the lye in mild a few months back. It was okay, but I wanted something stronger because my new growth was too unmanageable at about 4 or 5 wks after the relaxer. But, my hair was very silky, and it wasnt dry one bit. I would have used it again and kept it on longer, but I wanted to try Silk Elements.:D

shunta said:
I used the lye in mild a few months back. It was okay, but I wanted something stronger because my new growth was too unmanageable at about 4 or 5 wks after the relaxer. But, my hair was very silky, and it wasnt dry one bit. I would have used it again and kept it on longer, but I wanted to try Silk Elements.:D
Oh thanks for replying so quickly, i wonder if the regular strength will do for my texture. The silk elements relaxer sounds awesome, but i can't get it in the uk.

Den, Ill bet the mild lye will perform very well on your hair. Your hair looks very soft already. Do you have hair type 3?

shunta said:
Den, Ill bet the mild lye will perform very well on your hair. Your hair looks very soft already. Do you have hair type 3?
I was thinking of trying regular strength i'm soo worried about underprocessing my hair. Since i having a lot of problems with texturizing, i currently love my hair really straight. My hair type is 4a/4b.

den1 said:
Oh thanks for replying so quickly, i wonder if the regular strength will do for my texture. The silk elements relaxer sounds awesome, but i can't get it in the uk.

Hey Den1, you can get the Silk Elements line in Sallys in Shaftesbury Avenue up west. They have a bit of everything in there

HTH

loonatick said:
Hey Den1, you can get the Silk Elements line in Sallys in Shaftesbury Avenue up west. They have a bit of everything in there

HTH
thank-you so much, I just called up sallys in gants hill, ilford,and they have silk elements yea. I called Sally's on shaftsbury avenue, didn't have it,

Back