has anyone heard of...

naturaline

rusk anticurl relaxer? i came across it on the internet but i wanted to know your experiences with it...

Some of the women (both white and black) have used it on nc.com. I don't recall hearing a bunch of good experiences with it, but I didn't pay a whole lot of attention either.

Hi,
I have heard of it. It's a thioglycolic acid based relaxer. (The same kind that is used in "Japanese Straightening.").

Although I have heard good things about this relaxer, it's mostly been from people with 3 type hair, and it does not straighten all the way.

DO NOT use this on hair that has been previously relaxed with lye, and NO overlapping. In short, skip it if you are already relaxed. It's very runny, and will get soaked up into the strands of your hair.

I speak from experience. I used to use a thio based relaxer, and my hair soaked it up, resulting in overprocessing and a ton of breakage. That it to say, my hair was breaking mid-shaft. It took me a full year and this wonderful forum to get back to normal.

If you want a less harsh product, try mixing some emollient oils into your regular relaxer. I haven't done this yet, but many ladies on this board have with positive results.

A

i work in a salon that uses it and to be honest it really isn't for black women. it's more for women who have frizzy hair and they always have to flat iron it to get it straight on a daily basis. i guess u could say mostly white women. i keeps the hair straight for about 2 or 3 months. it's a less harsh version of the thermal straightener. the thermal one last for 12 months.

thanx all.... :D
i have natural hair and im looking for something to help loosen my curl pattern so i can wash n wear.... :p

Back