Has anyone heard of this haircut technigue?

sweetcocoa

A friend of mine said she saw a woman cut a client's hair into layers by putting it into a ponytail at the crown first then cutting the end of the ponytail straight across. It gave the hair natural layers. I was wondering if anyone else heard of this?

No, but I can definitely see how this would work. When I tried trimming my hair by putting it into mini ponytails, the hair in the ponytail would come out different lengths, even though I cut it straight across.

I actually saw something like this at the salon Sat. When I was under the dryer, my stylist was cutting a woman's hair. It was really long and bone straight. She had sectioned the crown part and pulled all up in one with her hand, and used the other hand to cut straight across. They were speaking in spanish about it and I really couldn't hear everything but she said that it was easy and her layers would fall the same length. When she finished her hair it looked so good and all the layers we uniform. I guess it's the same method but without it being a ponytail.

I saw it 8 years ago on a talk show who had a guess who was randomly making people over from the audience. A woman with butt length hair wanted layers without going short and he put her hair in a ponytail, twisted the hair, and then cut about an inch off the end of the ponytail which resulted in long layers.

Re: Has anyone heard of this haircut technigue?

I haven't heard of this, but it does seem as though it would work.

Re: Has anyone heard of this haircut technigue?

Hmmmm...

I bet that would work.
smile.gif

Back