HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THIS HAIRCOLOR...

honeybadgirl

I was interested in finding out if anyone here has heard of or ever used this hair color line and product. i havent seen anything about it on this site but i do use it on my hair. it is Elumen hair color. i LOVE it!!!! my stylist uses on my hair and the color, just about any color to chose from, is soooo pretty, shiny and vibrant! here is some info about it:

One of the most exciting new technological developments in professional hair color is the new Goldwell Elumen. Now, there's more to share. Elumen is the first oxidant-free durable hair color that works without peroxide or ammonia. Using a purely physical process, Elumen's brilliant, direct-acting, negatively-charged color dyes are drawn deep inside the positively-charged hair shaft and held, as if by a magnet. But there's truly no fear, no commitment. With Elumen Return, the hair colorist can remove the hair color immediately and gently with no damage simply by reversing the magnetic charge.
What's more, Elumen repairs hair, smoothing porous and damaged sections not only on the surface, but deep inside the hair shaft, providing a healthy, smooth surface that reflects light brilliantly.
Elumen is the first hair thickening hair color that actually helps improve your curl pattern.
Hair repair. Elumen also repairs the hair's structure.

The hair-color smoothes porous and damaged sections not only on the surface, but also inside the hair shaft to provide a healthy, smooth surface that reflects light and gives the color in the hair unprecedented shine.
The hair-color smoothes porous and damaged sections not only on the surface, but also inside the hair shaft to provide a healthy, smooth surface that reflects light and gives the color in the hair unprecedented shine.

The hair color pentrates deeply and establishes firmly in the hair. Goldwell Elumen works without any peroxide or Ammonia and there is no mixing.This product provides color brilliance with extra long durability.

Last edited:
jasmin said:
Sorry, heard of Goldwell but not this hair color.

thanks. i was pretty sure that no one probably heard of it. the few stylists i asked had no clue but its innovative and a wonderful product that i wanted to share with lhcf. :(

thanks ladies and no need to be sorry:) . i thought there would be some people that would find this interesting. like i said i love the color and the difference i see in my hair. i used it for the 1st time about 2yrs ago. in avatar i have my natural color. but now i decided to go back to black and also went back to elumen. BEAUTIFUL black hair i have now. i keep getting compliments on my hair color, how pretty it is and so on.
maybe eventually, people will come to know it.;)

That looks very interesting... I have a friend who is a hairdresser, I think I might ask her to get this

honeybadgirl said:
bump...anyone else?

I have never heard of this, but I would love to try it. Currently, I use Robert Craig color that is no ammonia and no peroxide too, but this product sounds even better.

Do you know if i can buy it from a beauty supply store?

thanks!

honeybadgirl said:
I was interested in finding out if anyone here has heard of or ever used this hair color line and product. i havent seen anything about it on this site but i do use it on my hair. it is Elumen hair color. i LOVE it!!!! my stylist uses on my hair and the color, just about any color to chose from, is soooo pretty, shiny and vibrant! here is some info about it:

One of the most exciting new technological developments in professional hair color is the new Goldwell Elumen. Now, there's more to share. Elumen is the first oxidant-free durable hair color that works without peroxide or ammonia. Using a purely physical process, Elumen's brilliant, direct-acting, negatively-charged color dyes are drawn deep inside the positively-charged hair shaft and held, as if by a magnet. But there's truly no fear, no commitment. With Elumen Return, the hair colorist can remove the hair color immediately and gently with no damage simply by reversing the magnetic charge.
What's more, Elumen repairs hair, smoothing porous and damaged sections not only on the surface, but deep inside the hair shaft, providing a healthy, smooth surface that reflects light brilliantly.
Elumen is the first hair thickening hair color that actually helps improve your curl pattern.
Hair repair. Elumen also repairs the hair's structure.

The hair color pentrates deeply and establishes firmly in the hair. Goldwell Elumen works without any peroxide or Ammonia and there is no mixing.This product provides color brilliance with extra long durability.

This sounds like something I would like to try.;)

honeybadgirl do you also use the shampoo & treatment that goes with the line? If not is there any special after care needed?

adrienne0914 said:
i am curious about this also. i would love the be a guinea pig with it. i wonder if it's easy to find. hmm...

no need to be a guinea pig, its wonderful!!! i TOTALLY LOVE it. it makes your hair look soooooooooooo pretty

Lotus said:
Thanks. Never heard of it, but sound interesting. I'd like to colour my hair, but I'm soooo scared.

Is your hair natural (chemical free) or relaxed?
Any negatives from this system?

[URL="http://www.elumen-haircolor.com"]www.elumen-haircolor.com[/URL]

i am natural. no negatives on my side and the stylist i go to uses it in her salon, no problems! the great part for me were all the pretty colors they offered...wow! i had always wanted purple hair, not purple like punk rock but just a hue of purple over dark hair. elumen got exactly what i wanted! everyone loved it. it was subtle but noticeable and their color dont go red on you after a while, you know what i mean?

Last edited:
MadisonK said:
I have never heard of this, but I would love to try it. Currently, I use Robert Craig color that is no ammonia and no peroxide too, but this product sounds even better.

Do you know if i can buy it from a beauty supply store?

thanks!

BSS WILL NOT HAVE THIS:). i'm trying to find out how i can get my hands on it because i have to go to my salon to get it and she charges alot just to put that in my hair and thats not including the wash, blow and curl!!:grin: its seems very exclusive. i even tried ebay but they dont have the color i want. actually it took a while for people to get it on ebay and i have JUST been able to find it but not black:(

Last edited:
tnorenberg said:
honeybadgirl do you also use the shampoo & treatment that goes with the line? If not is there any special after care needed?

no i havent but i would like to though. since my stylist does or used to do my hair(i have been taking care of it) i havent had the need to:)

I have seen comments on this color posted on the behindthechair.com message board. Sounds intriguing, especially the clear.

dynamic1 said:
I have seen comments on this color posted on the behindthechair.com message board. Sounds intriguing, especially the clear.

thanks, i'll have to check that site out. its an excellent product. what is amazing is the fact that if you dont like the color, you can "return" it:D
just take it off. i love it

Sounds interesting... need something to replace my Bigen, it irritates my scalp too much. I will have to do more research but I like what I have heard soo far.

you really cant buy it over the counter. i wish i could! its some great stuff!!! its totally for professional use only!! :sad:
trust me, for the price my stylist charges, i wish i could get it over the counter somewhere!:yep:

Im so tired of rinsing my hair black, only to have the color fade after my weekly washings...i think this elumen hair color is exactly what i am looking for and i am going to order it..I was wondering if you think it is necessary to also have the maintenance products to keep the color vibrant and shiny?

Im so tired of rinsing my hair black, only to have the color fade after my weekly washings...i think this elumen hair color is exactly what i am looking for and i am going to order it..I was wondering if you think it is necessary to also have the maintenance products to keep the color vibrant and shiny?

probably...i must say that since i started washing my hair more, the color didnt stay as long. i guess the constant conditioning was lifting my color. its not a permanent dye and like i said, my hairstylist charges too too much for me to run it down the drain every 2-3 days:(
i love it though! i havent gotten my hair dyed with it in several months but i so seriously want to!!!!:yep::lick::grin:

I bought the elumen in black/darkest brown (Na @2), i also got a travel size wash, and the elumen treat. Havent tried it yet, since my hair is still dark and shiny with bigen. By the way, what color did ur stylist use on ur hair? I ask because you said its fading, and elumen is supposed to be a permanent color, except for the fashion shades.

I bought the elumen in black/darkest brown (Na @2), i also got a travel size wash, and the elumen treat. Havent tried it yet, since my hair is still dark and shiny with bigen. By the way, what color did ur stylist use on ur hair? I ask because you said its fading, and elumen is supposed to be a permanent color, except for the fashion shades.

Where did you purchase this? As soon as Honeybadgirl mentioned the purple hair color my ears perked up. This line really sounds intriguing and I think I want to try it out. I found a couple salons close by that do it but I think they're geared towards caucasions which makes me slightly nervous with the styling aspect. I might see if Ulta provides the service though.
Honeybadgirl- How noticeable was the purple shade you tried and how long did it last?

Where did you purchase this? As soon as Honeybadgirl mentioned the purple hair color my ears perked up. This line really sounds intriguing and I think I want to try it out. I found a couple salons close by that do it but I think they're geared towards caucasions which makes me slightly nervous with the styling aspect. I might see if Ulta provides the service though.
Honeybadgirl- How noticeable was the purple shade you tried and how long did it last?

it was a subtle type of look. it wasnt like i was a purple clown walking down the street, you know:lachen:.
i just wanted to be in the light or sun and say....oh wow, your hair has a purple hue to it. it was exactly what i wanted...exactly!! it was dark but you could see purple in my hair.:grin:
i just remember for the purple she took it to a 70 volume (?) i just remember her telling the girl how much to put in for that color

i really dont remember or know really. the 1st time i got the purple and then after that i just got black. it really makes your hair look so so pretty:yep:.
i know its not a permanent, i think its a semi permanent. they even said expect to get it touched up like every 3 months. like i may have said, i love it but i wash my hair too much to rinse all the money and color down the drain. she charges a whooping $80 just for the color alone!!:nono: thats not including the wash, blow and curl. i get it every so often just to treat myself

Oh ok...well i bought two bottles of the black, so i should get about 3 uses out of each so that should last a while...Do you think u could DIY to save some money?

I'll PM ya...I was doing research online and some salons (the ones that cater mainly to caucasians) offer elumen color for $300 and up...no way

Back