has anyone had any success with Carol's daughter shampoos and conditioners?

*ElleB

With all the information about the toxic ingredients that are in our prods, I relli want to know if there is a better alternative out there...

I know her stuff does not contain any bad stuff (parabens, toxins, etc) but the question is, do they cut it?

I looovvee her tui leave-in conditioner. It light and very moisturizing and it doesnt weight down the hair..plus the smell is intoxicating. -Melissa

Love, Love her shampoos. They may seem watery, but the base is castille soap and it lathers so, so well. My fav is the Khoret Amen shampoo. The scent is earthy and herbal. I love it.!!. Oh, yeah, it cleanses very well.

I've tried the Rosemary Mint Shampoo and it's ok. It works best on my natural hair, but since I'm still transitioning, I'll have to wait to see the full effect. :ohwell: Actually, it looks like she's reforumulated it, because mine doesn't have sea moss in it like the new one.

The only problem is that I have alot of products that I haven't used yet that contain all this harsh stuff :(

I went to look on Sephora and i checked the ingredients tab and it does have some of those "suspect" ingredients!!

Like DMDM Hyandoitin (sp?) which is like formaldehyde...

I'm thinking did they change the ingredients for Spehora, because they might be on the shelf a little longer there??

*ElleB said:
I went to look on Sephora and i checked the ingredients tab and it does have some of those "suspect" ingredients!!

Like DMDM Hyandoitin (sp?) which is like formaldehyde...

I'm thinking did they change the ingredients for Spehora, because they might be on the shelf a little longer there??

People are better off making their own products. Carols Daughter products will continue to put fillers and preservatives in their products for shelf life as all hair product companies do. The company is going gobal so watch out, I'm pretty sure they will put synthetic oils like mineral oil and petroleum too.

zorra said:
People are better off making their own products. Carols Daughter products will continue to put fillers and preservatives in their products for shelf life as all hair product companies do. The company is going gobal so watch out, I'm pretty sure they will put synthetic oils like mineral oil and petroleum too.

It is so sad because they did not do this before! They would simply put notes in their products letting the customer know that there was a shelf life, now I guess its about the dollar now...

zorra said:
THey haven't done so yet and if they do they'll loose alot of biz cause that's why I even orderd someof their stuff b/c of no parabens

Back