Has Anyone Ever Worn A Plastic Cap Under Their Wig?

divinefavor

The reason I ask is because I may wear one of my wigs to work tomorrow. I normally wear a netted wig cap underneath. But, thoughy since I may wash my hair tomorrow evening, why not put some oils (maybe a little conditioner)on my hair and the plastic cap underneath the wig to kind of do an all day pre-poo. What are your thoughts?

But I may clarify tomorrow so maybe the pre-poo would be a waste. I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud. :lol:

TIA for your help!

Last edited:
I have worn a plastic cap, with conditioner on my head, under a wig to run errands.

Be careful though, the wig will slide.

Ms. Cleo said:
I have worn a plastic cap, with conditioner on my head, under a wig to run errands.

Be careful though, the wig will slide.

Thansk Ms. Cleo! I definitely don't want the wig to slide. :lol: Maybe I'll use saran wrap, put my net over the saran wrap and then put the wig on.

Yes i have many times.

I wear those half wigs/falls.

I put on the plastic cap, wear a wig net/cap over the top to hold it in place then the fall (one that has combs) on top.

It has never slid off but if you want to scratch it sounds crunchy :lol: .

Thanks Bublin!!!

Sounds like I'm on the right track!

That crunchiness would get on my nerves!!! :lol: But, I have to keep my eye on the prize of healthy hair!!! So, I'll just have to endure with crunch! :D

Last edited:
Use the saran wrap and cut your wig so that what you have left is a 2" band- therefore no Slippage...I personally think overnight baggies are just fine.

Bublin said:
Yes i have many times.

I wear those half wigs/falls.

I put on the plastic cap, wear a wig net/cap over the top to hold it in place then the fall (one that has combs) on top.

It has never slid off but if you want to scratch it sounds crunchy :lol: .

This is exactly what i do:D

Oh hell yeah! That was my M.O. for a 7-month period. I was first in a transitioning mode, and then chopped all off and wore a twa and was all natural and wore cornrows, a plastic cap, a stocking cap, the wig, and off I went! Be careful, your hair needs to breathe, esp the scalp so do not go the entire day like this. But it is a great baggie method.

I did this just the other day. I pre-pooed w/ Amla oil the night before. I had to take the kids to school in the a.m. and I was not ready to wash it out so I slapped on a wig and off i went. I shampooed when I got back. It worked for me.

Thanks so much ladies for your advice!

I have the wig on today and this morning I put my pre-poo stuff in my hair, put on saran wrap, my wig cap and slapped the wig on top. I will take this off and shampoo, condition, when I get home from work. I hope I don't damage my hair by having it on so long.

divinefavor said:
The reason I ask is because I may wear one of my wigs to work tomorrow. I normally wear a netted wig cap underneath. But, thoughy since I may wash my hair tomorrow evening, why not put some oils (maybe a little conditioner)on my hair and the plastic cap underneath the wig to kind of do an all day pre-poo. What are your thoughts?

But I may clarify tomorrow so maybe the pre-poo would be a waste. I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud. :lol:

TIA for your help!

When I wore a wig, I did this all the time. It kept my hair moisturized all day. However, I took the plastic cap off once I got home and let my hair breathe for three to four hours prior to going to bed. Then I would spray moisturizer on my hair and cover again for the next day. In the morning I would cover the plastic bag with a black satin cover and then put my wig on. As my hair grew I had to stop wearing the wig because my wig started looking funning. I would sometimes puff up because I had so much hair under it that I had to stop wearing it for fear of getting laughed at. My husband starting calling me "melon head" at home.

Last edited:
LadyEsquire said:
Oh hell yeah! That was my M.O. for a 7-month period. I was first in a transitioning mode, and then chopped all off and wore a twa and was all natural and wore cornrows, a plastic cap, a stocking cap, the wig, and off I went! Be careful, your hair needs to breathe, esp the scalp so do not go the entire day like this. But it is a great baggie method.

I ditto this part. I did it all the time. BUt now I wear a satin bonnet and two stocking cap. It works better for me.

Edie said:
When I wore a wig, I did this all the time. It kept my hair moisturized all day. However, I took the plastic cap off once I got home and let my hair breathe for three to four hours prior to going to bed. Then I would spray moisturizer on my hair and cover again for the next day. In the morning I would cover the plastic bag with a black satin cover and then put my wig on. As my hair grew I had to stop wearing the wig because my wig started looking funning. I would sometimes puff up because I had so much hair under it that I had to stop wearing it for fear of getting laughed at. My husband starting calling me "melon head" at home.

Girl, that is too funny!!!

I do it all the time when I wear my wiggy. Plastic cap, then wig cap and then the wiggy. I bobby pin the side because I have such a big head. :lachen:

I have a big head too, matter of fact I have a big perfectly round shaped head. :lachen:

Well, I'm at home now and I've taken the wig, plastic and wig cap off. I had my hair in one braid pinned up under all of that. I took the braid down and I love how my hair looks after unbraiding. And, of course after a long day at work, I do not feel like washing my hair. I have school this weekend, so I think I'm going to rock this look unbraided look to class tomorrow. Unless I get a second wind of energy.

Back