Has anyone ever stretched successfully with braids?

Anna9764

I had similar thread "how do you wear your hair during your stretch" but I really would like to know can you or have you stretch wearing braids? I wear about 14 cornrolls or frenchbraids, not the tiny micro, yet there is a comb-out process. So far I've went as far as 8 weeks, I probably could go longer but just can't take it :wallbash:...i'm a relaxer junkie that realizes the health benefits to my hair by stretching. Any and all tips welcome :yep: Thanks in advance Anna

Only when I braid my own hair. Every time I let someone else braid it I suffer a major back. I'm done.... I should have known. Growing up I never liked anyone but my sister braiding my hair. You may want to search the crown and glory method. Lots of tips in there.

The only way I can stretch for long periods is to wear braids, just keep them moisturized, and use infusium23 for strength. . Also wash regularly, because it cuts down on build-up at the roots.

Thank you Keen and MyAngelEyez, I will try the infusium 23..is that the leave-in? Also I can't wash with the braids tangles my hair terribly, I re-braid every two weeks. I do however keep them extremely moisturized and i'm sure get build-up but it doesn't prevent growth at all. Keen i'm reading up on crown and glory technique. Thanks girls....Anna

Back