Has anyone ever regreted relaxing because they should have texurised/texlaxed instead

Teja

Hey,

Hope everyone had a great christmas!
My problem is as follows I have recently decided to get my hair relaxed and now I am reconsidering my choice.
I am reallly scared that I will regret my decision. I keep on seeing beautiful pics of people with pretty curly hair :perplexedand I know once you get it relaxed thats it so I am wondering if I should just get it texlaxed/texturised to kind of have the best of both worlds, but then again I like wearing my hair straight and I don't want to have to apply that much heat.
Has anyone ever felt this way what was your choice in the end?

Re: Has anyone ever regreted relaxing because they should have texurised/texlaxed ins

bumping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Has anyone ever regreted relaxing because they should have texurised/texlaxed ins

I used to be bone straight and liked it for a while, however I began texlaxing (beyond my knowledge) a while ago. I have waves and actually prefer seeing soft waves in my hair instead of bone straight. The texture seems to give more volume and body to my styles. When I decide to wear a bun (usually with a phony pony) I have the soft waves that make my hair look better. When I want to go straight I can pull out the flat iron and only need one swipe to get the results I like. It's kinda like the best of both worlds to me. The only difference I found between bone straight and texlaxed is that with texlaxed, my hair gets poofy in humidity without a moisture block. Good luck with your decision!

That would be me. I relaxed on 12/8/08 (tried transitioning but couldn't) but regretted not texlaxing. I will purposefully texlax for my next touchup in June 2009 (I'll be stretching for 6 months), then continue to clip the bone straight ends off as my hair grows.:yep:

Thanks chelleyrock I will have to decide pretty quickly what I am gonna do maybe I can relax like 70 percent to still be able to wear curly or atleast wavy...
IO hope other chime in!

still bumping anyone????

Well, I'm going to tell you what I did, a long time ago, right when I went into the Navy, I was natural, and I decided to texturized because I wanted that long curly hair, and I got tired of straighting my hair.......so I did Silk Elments Texturizer, it did good, my hair just had a loose curl, it's like a curly relaxer, nicely curled, not dry curl.....but I have a short curl fro.....and in all honestly, if I wasn't in the Navy and found this site sooner, i would have kept my texturizer, but since I was doing so much and my hair was getting so thick, I went back to relaxer. I did put the relaxer over the previously texturize hair(it didn't break off, but I wouldn't recommend it though), did I regret it, no I don't but I wish I could kept the texturizer because IMO, it was simple, all I had to do was wet my hair put moisturizer and oil on it, ponytail and go about my business, but I was not thinking and I was not so into my hair like I am now. If I didn't have a round face, I would BC and do a texturizer again, but I have too much hair and no patience as it is now, so I'll deal with my relaxer, until I change my mind......

Hey,

Hope everyone had a great christmas!
My problem is as follows I have recently decided to get my hair relaxed and now I am reconsidering my choice.
I am reallly scared that I will regret my decision. I keep on seeing beautiful pics of people with pretty curly hair :perplexedand I know once you get it relaxed thats it so I am wondering if I should just get it texlaxed/texturised to kind of have the best of both worlds, but then again I like wearing my hair straight and I don't want to have to apply that much heat.
Has anyone ever felt this way what was your choice in the end?

Yessssssss. Especially with the products I use now making my new growth loosen beautifully. I think I am going to leave relaxers and texlaxes alone for awhile. My hair is breaking at the demarcation line of the first relaxer I put in earlier this year. About an inch long. Not happy.:wallbash:

I just accidentally texlax when I meant to relax and I love my results! I am going to keep texlaxin and cut of my relaxed ends as I go.. I did a thread on it on christmas eve!

I used to be bone straight and liked it for a while, however I began texlaxing (beyond my knowledge) a while ago. I have waves and actually prefer seeing soft waves in my hair instead of bone straight. The texture seems to give more volume and body to my styles. When I decide to wear a bun (usually with a phony pony) I have the soft waves that make my hair look better. When I want to go straight I can pull out the flat iron and only need one swipe to get the results I like. It's kinda like the best of both worlds to me. The only difference I found between bone straight and texlaxed is that with texlaxed, my hair gets poofy in humidity without a moisture block. Good luck with your decision!

Exactly what she said! :yep:(Except I haven't relaxed bone straight in years).

Thanks I think I will texlax with Mizani butter blends that should work.
I don't think I am ready for that bone straight hair yet !
What you guys think?

Back