Has anyone ever made a braided headband out of synthetic hair?

Lady S

Something along the lines of this. . .

TC_JAZZY_FC_M.jpg

Anyone know how to do this? I've got marley braid bulk hair that would blend with the half wig I just bought. . .

Maybe you could thread elastic through a fake braid or use a very thin line of hot glue to adhere a fake bread to a dark brown headband (one w fabric). Is that too tacky?

nope, But supa cute idea :yep: I take it ur going to experiment??? pics!! :)

I'm hoping to get a digital camera for my birthday, so hopefully I can post some of my wacky. . .er, I mean, creative hairstyles.

Do you want a removable one or not? I ask because you can braid the Marley hair in the side of your head in a single braid and then bring it around headband style. Kinda like this tutorial...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBP8mKHQErc
I was thinking removable since it's to hide the demarcation line of the headband. One of the halfwigs, I think it will work because it's nice & thick and can probably handle it. The other one (and I am so mad) is so :censored: flimsy. *scowls @ Harlem 125* One of the methods I'm going to try on the good one.

i did!! http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=11152736&highlight=#post11152736

its a link to the post i did. i did two braids put together but its very simple. i just took hair of the pack and burned the end then i braided it and burned the other end and your done. i just used a ponytail holder to keep mine in place but if you want to be fancy im sure you can go to a crafts store and find something better to hold it together
Thank you!

Maybe you could thread elastic through a fake braid or use a very thin line of hot glue to adhere a fake bread to a dark brown headband (one w fabric). Is that too tacky?
I know you can buy hard headbands with braids that look like that's what they did. I was thinking of the elastic idea, but know I'm wondering since I have so many of those elastic headbands if I can sub those. :scratchch

I'm not sure why you couldn't. I'm hoping to try one of these styles one day with a puff
Bun1.jpg

eva+pigford.jpg

angela-bassett-bun-braided-updo-hairstyle.jpg

braid-2.jpg

:drool:

I haven't tried to make one but Tonytail.com has the braided one, I have the large braided one and love it, it is very well made. I bought the none braided one and didn't like that as it sheds until it is one strand of hair left :(

Back