Has anyone ever heard of/used hair spools?

Sometimes I'm real "special"...so I can't for the life of me figure out how those things would work.

it looks like you roll your hair around the middle part and flip the funnel shaped part down over the hair....maybe? lol

I saw those before and I was so tempted to get them. I hope someone that's used them before posts.

I used to have hot roller years ago that were similar to these. If they are anything like the hot rollers (which I sometimes slept in as opposed to using hot) then they work pretty good.

Tebby

OK....I have never seen these until today! Hmmm!!! I may have to put these on my PJ 2008 List to try! :yep: Thankx!

Chill ladies before you buy there are some things to consider. I have some. The green ones are small like bigger than a nickel but smaller than a quarter. They make super duper tight curls as in you run a risk of looking like a black shirley temple with tigher coils. The term pin curl is not excactly like the one LHCF uses. If you don't believe me look at the OP's website, Vermont Store, most of the items they sell are things from the past. The pen curl they are talking about are the pen curls used in the 1940s like so
http://www.hairarchives.com/private/archive2/40s1/pincurlset.htm

The size of the pen curls I have at home is like the model's pen curls. As you can see they are small and you need a lot of them. Unlike a magnetic, mesh, and flex roller, you can only put a certain amount of hair unto the spool because the flap has to be able cover your hair. So if you have thick hair, you will need more spools. If you have is shoulder length or longer, you will nee more spools. I think it will be tough to use spools on hair longer than APL.

I hope this helps.

the pink ones look like they might be larger, but after going to that link you sent, I'm not tryna have curls that tight!! lol

the pink ones look like they might be larger, but after going to that link you sent, I'm not tryna have curls that tight!! lol

Fo real... that's called an "afro" and I can get it w/o those dang curlers.

Last edited:
It's true...you do get a tight curl with these (if they are like the ones I used to use). I would take larger sections of hair and just roll the bottom couple of inches (not my whole head) so I could bump my ends. If you roll your entire head you do end up looking like a poodle.

Tebby

looks like i'll be sticking with my regular rollers or pincurling, which i will be trying again when i do my next rollerset in a couple of days.

Back