Has Anyone Bought this DVD for Natural Hair Styles?

Nope I get my style ideas from ppl I see on the street and try to recreate, or on youtube. Youtube has tons of how-tos for FREE :)

I bought the dvd. I've had it for almost a year. It is good for teaching you how to simply style the hair. The styles are comb coils, two strand twists, bantu knots, bantu knot outs, flat twists, flat twist outs, flexi rod set, straw set, wash and go, and how to straighten the hair. It teaches you the fundamentals of how to create these styles. It doesnt tell you how to go a step beyond and style the hair in different ways with the basic styles. No updos or uses of accessories. It also doesnt do anything like tell tips and trick to make it easier. You could find this info on youtube, but it wouldnt be as clear (video and instructions) or as organized.

All the hairstyles besides twists, wash and goes and straightening the hair does require a setting agent. Besides those few, the others can be air dryed or set under a dryer. Also, each segment is about 5 minutes long. You only get the essentials. The dvd reminds me of those Miss Jessies how to vids except someone else is styling their hair.

Overall, I would give the dvd a 4 out 5. What makes it not get the full 5 is a lack of extra detail. For styles like bantu knots or two strand flat twists it doesnt go into much detail on how to properly do them. There are no trouble shooter info like if your hair is short then what should you do. For people going natural or newly natural with some length then I suggest this dvd. It would also be great for transitioners. Most of the styles can be used on relaxed and nautral hair. i would say to just go ahead and buy it. You have 30 days to return if it doesnt seem like something you want

Back