Has anyone been "Called" into the ministry?

HeChangedMyName

If so, in what capacity have you been called? Teaching? Preaching? Intercession? etc.

How did you know you were called to do what you do in ministry? How was it confirmed to you that it was a call of God?

If so, in what capacity have you been called? Teaching? Preaching? Intercession? etc.

How did you know you were called to do what you do in ministry? How was it confirmed to you that it was a call of God?

I believe we are all called to "ministry," but everyone is called differently. I definitely feel that God is showing me my "calling" now, and it's not totally easy. I feel that God blessed me with an ability to see things "differently" from others. I think I have some prophetic abilities, but I also think God has given me "parable" ability (if that's possible). I often like to tell stories to show God's love using symbolism (you can find a few of my threads here). I feel blessed to help people when I can.

I agree that we are all called into ministry. Once you accept Jesus and become a believer, then you are called to be a light unto the world as a part of the Body of Christ. I have been called to do something too but I am taking it slow because I don't want to jump ahead of God. It seems like since I have accepted the call that God has been showing me so much more. There are questions that I never would have asked that I am now learning the answers to and questions that I have always wanted to know that God is showing me answers to. I am just grateful that God saw me fit for whatever it is that he will have me end up doing.

I understand it that we are all called TO MINISTER (which means "to serve", not necessarily CALLED to MINISTRY (the PUBLIC/PULPIT type of activities). We are called to serve one another in the giftings, inclinations that the Lord has given. For example, my mom ain't trying to speak in front of folk, but she feels (and does) have what she humbly describes as a "greeting card" ministry in that if/when the Lord impresses somebody on her heart, she will feel led to send them some kind of card of encouragement. So it could be said she has a gift of exhortation (Romans 12:8) which she expresses through greeting cards.

I kinda knew early on in life that the Lord put something on me to be an intercessor. Even as a child/teen, when I prayed, things happened. I can feel burdens at times and I would run from them until I learned what to do with those burdens: to PRAY.

When I came into my present church home and began to learn more about ministry giftings and callings and specific functions that exist in the body of Christ, such things became clearer. I have been told I have a teaching gift; I am being challenged in this area, even though for my career I am working toward being a university professor...sometimes I wonder if I have the goods.

On the spiritual/ministry side, I believe I'm sensing that teaching gift more strongly because of my deep, sincere, firesome passion for TRUTH, and that's what the role of the teacher is in the Body of Christ: to proclaim and explain biblical truths to water and refresh the people.

Teaching is also one of my spiritual gifts. I am in school now pursuing my B.A. Min for Christian Education. I'm learning a lot.

Back