Has anyone achieved healthy length by weaving???

Yip, my mistake was not giving myself a nice good deep conditioning after I took my last weave out that I had in 4 weeks. I took the weave out, and then a week later, got a perm. It's been shedding more than usual lately, and I know I usually do that in the summer, it's still kinda weird, but you just brought up an excellent point. Thanks. I would've never thought of that.
smile.gif
laugh.gif

Re: Has anyone achieved healthy length by weaving?

I'm down for a weave challenge!!! Although I'm not sure how long I can safely keep one in with out my real hair matting up underneath....anyone think of how long we could run this; not too long so hair doesn't mat, but not too short so that we can still notice any results?

Re: Has anyone achieved healthy length by weaving?

4-6 weeks is fine, but I think wigs and instant weaves should be included because I don't have enough newgrowth. I just got a touch-up two weeks ago.
laugh.gif

Sewn in's are my best friend lol. I always grow @ least 2-3inches with a sewn in. They do my hair really well. I havent had alot since I moved to South Florida because I was so use to my stylist in Tallahassee giving me a hook up and only charging me 60-70 bucks for a full head. But of course, when U relocate, you dont have that. Sew in's in South Florida start @ 125.00 and up..so Ive been chilling lol.

After a hair disaster in high school that left my hair thin and short in areas, I wore a sew in weave constantly for a year. My hair grew in nice and healthy. I was scared to stop wearing them, but when my stylist finally convinced me to, people didn't even notice the difference. I think the key is to keep your own hair conditioned and put the styling stress on the weaved in hair and not on your own.

Back