Has anybody done a straight or kinky straight sew in with natural 4a or 4b hair?

Chameleonchick

I want to do a straight or straightish sew in as my next protective style. But I have really kinky 4b hair.The last time I did a sew in on my hair I did my last BKT treatment. That was in 2010 and I am NEVER doing that treatment again. I want to find a way to put a weave in my hair without doing it. I work out often so I think a kinky-straight look would work better so I don't have to straighten so much. I know I could wear a wig, but I really don't want to because I can't workout with one on. I did yoga two times a week with a wig on for about a month and I was so scared every class that it was going to fall off of my head. I did wear scarves with it sometimes but then that makes it extra hot. I just want to know what process you use to put it in and if it works for an active lifestyle.

Can I ask you a question? How long do you leave your sew-ins in? And whats the longest someone should leave one in?

If you do a full head weave you can. If u want a more natural look, do an invisible part.

When I got weaves the longest I left them in was about a month, but that's because my hair can't hold a braid for long. I know people that leave them in for two to three months, getting it tightened in between

I am 4a/4b and have remy natural yaki with a a little of my hair left out. Let me tell you, I will NEVER do this again the part of my hair that's left out is heat damaged so bad from trying to get my hair to match the weave. It does look pretty and natural but its not worth the damage i've gotten due to frequent flat ironing. If you get it do a full sew in with bang or invisible part.

i did kinky straight, i used hair esthetic kinky straight.
it blends well, i'm natural 4a/b.
i deep conditioned and flat ironed once a week.
if my hair got too crazy from a workout, i slapped a headband on and kept it moving.

i did full sew ins all last year without any problems and i have 4/b hair. i didn't keep them in longer than a month 1. because the braid didn't keep long. 2. hygeine purposes (all that sweating and crap yuck!)

i did full sew ins and just cut a really cute bang and used a closeure.

Attachments

• ioji.jpg
    ioji.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 43
I want a straight full sew in too but im not sure how to go about it. I dont like the look of invisible part and sometimes the bang look can look a bit wiggish.

Rocky91 how many bundles did you need to get? How long did you keep it in? ANd one more thing. How did you install it (net yes or no, braid pattern)?

Chameleonchick, i only used one bundle. you can get away with that if you keep it short-mine was 12 inches.
i don't keep my weaves in for that long, 4 weeks usually.
braid pattern-straight back.
no net, i've never used one.

Back