Has any tried the Dominican Salon dryer-The Turbo?

n_vizion

I'm trying desperately to avoid the damage that I experience at the Dominican Salon from the fine tooth comb they run through my hair to the extreme heat of their hair dryer. I sometimes do a modified blow out at home where I just use the hair dryer heat on the roots (the results are not quite the same).

I think that a reasonable compromise would be to purchase the dryer they use and attempt to create similar results at home.

I searched online and found out that the name of the dryer is called the Turbo.
It's on Amazon.com for $85.00

I have the Super Salono but wanted to see if anyone has this one and if they would recommend this over the results acheived with the Super Salono.

Turbo Power Twin Turbo 3200 Hair Dryer

Let me know what you guys think.

There's no way I woud buy a hand dryer for $85. I just bought one of those stand-up salon hair dryers for $69.99 on sale at my BSS. It works great. I think if you can find a good ceramic ionic hair dryer, it doesn't have to be expensive, just works great, that would be better. That way you'll have more money for conditioners.LOL

I have that one. It is an excellent dryer. I don't really need to flat iron after I use it - but I do because my ends are raggedy. It is HOT though so if you get it, use it sparingly. I think too much heat is a no-no.

It is relatively quiet as far as dryers go.

This is NOT the ceramic/ionic model. That one is about $150+. I THOUGHT I was getting the ionic one and was tickled at the great deal but as it ends up, THIS one is not ionic.

Last edited:
All I saw from this post was dominican...dryer...turbo.. and immediately thought.. umm that is too hot for my head... :lachen: <<shudders>> gives me flashbacks of harlet's.. :lachen:

I have that one. It is an excellent dryer. I don't really need to flat iron after I use it - but I do because my ends are raggedy. It is HOT though so if you get it, use it sparingly. I think too much heat is a no-no.

It is relatively quiet as far as dryers go.

This is NOT the ceramic/ionic model. That one is about $150+. I THOUGHT I was getting the ionic one and was tickled at the great deal but as it ends up, THIS one is not ionic.

Ooooh. Thanks for the heads up about the ionic one. It sounds like it may be a little bit less damaging then the regular one.

I know that thing will get hot but I'll be gentle.....I promise.

I'm trying desperately to avoid the damage that I experience at the Dominican Salon from the fine tooth comb they run through my hair to the extreme heat of their hair dryer. I sometimes do a modified blow out at home where I just use the hair dryer heat on the roots (the results are not quite the same).

I think that a reasonable compromise would be to purchase the dryer they use and attempt to create similar results at home.

I searched online and found out that the name of the dryer is called the Turbo.
It's on Amazon.com for $85.00

I have the Super Salono but wanted to see if anyone has this one and if they would recommend this over the results acheived with the Super Salono.

Turbo Power Twin Turbo 3200 Hair Dryer

Let me know what you guys think.

I have a turbo power 2800 and is great i use it so my cousin to blow out my hair...but she has experience blowing out hair...is very hot so you need to know how to not burn your hair

i was peepin this too: i want one... i get great results w/ my vidal sassoon but I want domincian blowout results

Back