Harold Camping: "Christ Came Spiritually and Judged the World"

SND411

A True Soldier Never Dies
I am sure all of you have heard about the May 21, 2011 fiasco. I have listened to Family Radio's open forum these past few days (open forum is where callers can call into the radio station to ask Camping questions). Now he is saying May 21, 2011 is the day that Christ came spiritually to judge unbelievers, ALTHOUGH HE SAID THAT THIS WAS THE DAY OF PHYSICAL RAPTURE BEFORE!!

Now he is saying that no one is no longer being actively "saved" anymore. The end is still October 21, 2011. Because no one is actively being saved any longer, believers no longer have to preach the word of God to unbelievers. Followers no longer are to give out tracts.

What do you think of this. Can you all give me verses to show my uncle who deeply followers Camping? I do not sometimes consider myself Christian, but I am anxious to share with him Christian views as to why this is a wrong belief.

Sorry your uncle is caught up in this mess. He needs to put God's word above Campings.

Camping is a false teacher point blank.

How can people no longer be saved. On Sunday, May 22, at my Church, 11 people gave their lives to Christ. So how are people no longer being saved?

But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. Matthew 24:36

Jesus says “Then if anyone tells you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah,’ or ‘There he is,’ don’t believe it. For FALSE MESSIAHS and FALSE PROPHETS will rise up and perform GREAT SIGNS AND WONDERS SO AS TO DECEIVE, IF POSSIBLE EVEN GOD'S CHOSEN ONES. See, I have warned you about this ahead of time. “So if someone tells you, ‘Look, the Messiah is out in the desert,’ don’t bother to go and look. Or, ‘Look, he is hiding here,’ don’t believe it!" Matthew 24:23-26

"I know that FALSE TEACHERS, like VICIOUS WOLVES, will come in among you after I leave, not sparing the Flock. Even some men from your own group will rise up and DISTORT THE TRUTH in order to draw a following. Watch out! Acts 20:29-32

"WATCH OUT (MARK THEM) for people who cause Divisions and Upset People’s Faith by TEACHING THINGS CONTRARY to (TO THE DOCTRINE) what you have been taught. STAY AWAY from them. Such people are not serving Christ our Lord; they are serving their own Personal Interests. By SMOOTH TALK and GLOWING WORDS THEY DECEIVE INNOCENT PEOPLE." Rom 16:17-18

Health&Hair28 gave you some very good scriptures. :yep:

These scriptures are in the book of Mark 13: 3-37.
Jesus was on the Mount of Olives speaking to his disciples about the events that would occur before his coming. I’m putting the scriptures in conversation form.

As he sat upon the mount of Olives over against the temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him privately. Tell us, when shall these things be? What shall be the sign when all these things shall be fulfilled?

Jesus said: Many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, be not troubled: for such things must be; but the end shall not be yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in diver places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrow. Many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many…Take heed lest any man deceive you:

Peter said in 2Peter 2:1-3
There were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privately shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. Many shall follow their pernicious ways... Through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you…
This is exactly what people like Harold Camping is doing making merchandise out of his followers.

Paul also said: The time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 2 Tim 4:3

John said in 1 John 4:1
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Last edited:
What passages or scriptural references does your uncle attribute to the things Camping has been saying? They don't have any base at all from what I can ascertain:nono:. Sometimes the way to enlighten someone is by dissecting the wrong interpretations they have received and then share with them the true meaning behind those things:yep:.

He is a false prophet. He isn't reading the Scriptures and he sure isn't teaching what they say.:nono: Those who trust what he says will end up disappointed.:sad:

I am sure all of you have heard about the May 21, 2011 fiasco. I have listened to Family Radio's open forum these past few days (open forum is where callers can call into the radio station to ask Camping questions). Now he is saying May 21, 2011 is the day that Christ came spiritually to judge unbelievers, ALTHOUGH HE SAID THAT THIS WAS THE DAY OF PHYSICAL RAPTURE BEFORE!!

Now he is saying that no one is no longer being actively "saved" anymore. The end is still October 21, 2011. Because no one is actively being saved any longer, believers no longer have to preach the word of God to unbelievers. Followers no longer are to give out tracts.

What do you think of this. Can you all give me verses to show my uncle who deeply followers Camping? I do not sometimes consider myself Christian, but I am anxious to share with him Christian views as to why this is a wrong belief.

Thump him on the head and tell him to snap out of it. I don't have any scriptures off-hand to give to you but this is seriously stupid. You know, it would be the High Holy Days in judaism where G-d would write down names in the Book of Life if he's looking for some kind of feast days. That occurs late September, most years. He's all kinds of wrong. Maybe you could give some expose' articles on Camping who is a millionaire on other people's money? Let that marinate in your uncle's mind for awhile.

Last edited:
This is the only thing I keep thinking of when it comes to any of these false prophets, God says "My sheep know my voice". He better read that word himself and forget about a Harold. Because guess what contrary to what ever one wants to belive God has not chosen everyone, so when God says MY sheep know my voice that means there must be other sheep that dont know Him nor will He acknowledge. We saw a lot of those deaf sheep waiting for the rapture on May 21st. Pray that your uncle will hear the voice of the Lord, because its a scary place to be if you dont know the one true living God.

God have mercy on Harold Camping and his followers, please cover them with grace and may your wrath be contained for a time for them to see the error of their ways and draw nigh to you. My My My My My, this Harold Camping character talks so reckless that I almost think he has been given over to a reprobate mind. Mercy God, your mercies.

Back