Hard water shower filter- wow!!!

@ Pompous, any more tips, cos I agree about the steamer too!
@joke

Not to hijack this thread, but I use steaming to

1) Pre-poo
2) Deep Condition
3) Weekly to bi-weekly henna treatments. No more hours of being tied down hennaing my hair. I sit under the steamer for 1 hr. When I dye my DH’s hair black, I steam-henna 1 hr., rinse and then steam-indigo 1 hr. Perfect black hair; all greys are covered.
4) Kalpi-tone treatment
5) Ayurvedic Powder Masques
6) Bentonite or Rhassoul Clay treatments
7) Some people have used it with commercial dye and gotten wonderful results.‘

I LOVE steaming. It is the perfect hair care treatment for me.

Here are some of my favorite threads on steaming:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/hair-care-tips-product-review-discussion/451014-official-hair-steam-steaming-steamer-thread.html
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/hair-care-tips-product-review-discussion/495339-steamer-truth-had-my-hair-swinging-like-crazy.html
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/hair-care-tips-product-review-discussion/88305-now-you-use-hair-steamer-how-has-your-relaxed-natural-hair-changed.html
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/hair-care-tips-product-review-discussion/487222-steamer-results-thicker-hair-immediately.html

Now back to talking about filters: As I mentioned, I have the Sprite filter and I change the filter out about every 8 mos. instead of the 1 year recommended.

@Coffee and @ Pompus Blue: Thank you ladies!!! I'm going to ask her on Monday. I need this filter now!! This west Texas water is doing a number on my skin and hair!!!

After using the filter, I'm starting to wonder about the products we use. It's possible the filter will make any product work better :yep:.

@ Pompous blue. Wow, you have really explored the uses of your steamer. I bought one a few months ago and I love it! I only use it once a week to either prepoo or Dc. Initially, I used it 2x, and I'd go on doing that, but I think washing twice a week is too much manipulation for my 4a(/4b?) hair, so I cut down washing to once a week.

Back to the OT, even my skin feels a difference. I have to see if I can get it cheaper somewhere than the 24 Euros I paid. Or maybe stock up when next I am in the US.

I've been using one for the last 8 years. I love it!

After using the filter, I'm starting to wonder about the products we use. It's possible the filter will make any product work better :yep:.

I tried looking for a water softener (Sprite Water Filter) for my shower head but Lowe's had no idea what I was talking about...well, let me rephrase, they knew what I was talking about but thought that I would be best to do a softener throughout the entire house through the water line running into the house versus through the shower head. Can someone post a pic of the Sprite filter and perhaps the exact name of it of what you purchased so I can know what I'm looking for when I go back? Thx

Thanks Coffee!
I bought the Sprite filter for $27 five days ago. It feels wonderful. I love it. I was instructed to replace the filter every 6 months.

Thanks Coffee!
I bought the Sprite filter for $27 five days ago. It feels wonderful. I love it. I was instructed to replace the filter every 6 months.

Adaobi and Coffee, is this the one you purchased?
ARS5-CM_2w.jpg

Below is the review of what it removes -- would calcium deposits and most of the hard water effects fall into "sediments" category?

Removes Sediment -- Yes
Removes Chlorine Taste and Odor -- Yes
Removes Lead -- No
Removes Cyst -- No
Removes Chemicals -- No
Removes Micro-Organisms -- No
Removes Pharmaceuticals -- No

I'm so confused about the filters and if they actually do treat hard water or just filter the chlorine out. I want something that does both. `

I'm so confused about the filters and if they actually do treat hard water or just filter the chlorine out. I want something that does both. `

I've been doing some web searching and it seems that the shower filters only remove dirt (which is sediment) and chlorine. In order to soften hard water, you'd actually need to install a water softener system :ohwell: which can get pretty expensive, like $400+

I have hard water in my apartment, and it's horrible. It leaves those white powdery spots on all of my dishes and throughout my shower. The water did a number on my hair too before I figured out what to do to combat it (a chelating shampoo with EDTA).

I've been doing some web searching and it seems that the shower filters only remove dirt (which is sediment) and chlorine. In order to soften hard water, you'd actually need to install a water softener system :ohwell: which can get pretty expensive, like $400+

I have hard water in my apartment, and it's horrible. It leaves those white powdery spots on all of my dishes and throughout my shower. The water did a number on my hair too before I figured out what to do to combat it (a chelating shampoo with EDTA).

Thanks! I can't use a chelating shampoo because they usually have SLS and I have seborrheic dermatitis and it will inflame it. I hate this hard water so much!

Back