Hard water shower filter- wow!!!

ajoke

I had been thinking of getting a hard water filter for my shower and I finally found one that was affordable and placed an order last week. I have been away, so today was the first time I was using it. All I can say is wow!!! The water felt soooo different and my hair so soft that I was shocked. I seffinitely recommend that everyone with hard water should give one a try.

I've been considering one for a while now. I believe there is a thread already started listing brands. Anywho I'd love to hear more about your purchase OP

I am thinking about getting one from Bed Bath and Beyond soon. The ones at Walmart don't have a filter (unless you get it online) but it was like $40...

Thanks for this thread as I was wondering if there is a noticeable difference. All I can say is I tried an experiment: I toned my face and then used spring water after every shower for a month and there was a big difference on my hypersensitive skin.
In case anyone knows if there is a difference between softener and filter, or if there is something I should know in order to choose one, please let me know... I.e. would it be enough to filter chlorine, etc... Thanks!

if you guys have "Lowe's" in your vicinity, that's the place to go. I found they are far more options with the water filters than Home Depot. I think Home depot had only one which was $18.00

We went to Lowe's there are a few shower filters, shower heads with filters built in them, or the shower head with adjustable settings that can be hand held.

The installment is not as intimidating as it seems. Just don't forget to use some plumbers tape to ensure no leakage.

It took about 1 1/2 weeks for my hair to stop breaking. The damage was that far gone.

Glad you found out about this..

how can u know if you have hard water?

4k8t3k.gif

Hard and very hard waters were found in some streams in most of the regions throughout the country. [highlight]Hardest waters (greater than 1,000 mg/L) were measured in streams in Texas, New Mexico, Kansas, Arizona, and southern California.[/highlight]

USGS Water-Quality Information: Water Hardness and Alkalinity

Sorry ladies, I have been away all day. The filter I got is the Connex filter.Filters for Bathroom / Shower
I got the shower one. It cost about 24 Euros and shipping was free.

Although i live in Europe, if you cant find something similar locally you might want to order from them. I just checked their website and found that they are currently having a free shipping sale world wide Customer Service

The only problem I have with it is that it must be replaced regularly and cannot be regenerated.

Last edited:
@ Phoenix, do you have rapid scale build up in your kettle or pipe fixtures. If yes, you have hard water. Also, after i moved here i noticed that my skin was all of a sudden much drier than it has ever been, due to the hard water. Maybe others can chime in with other signs of hard water.

Last edited:
if you guys have "Lowe's" in your vicinity, that's the place to go. I found they are far more options with the water filters than Home Depot. I think Home depot had only one which was $18.00

We went to Lowe's there are a few shower filters, shower heads with filters built in them, or the shower head with adjustable settings that can be hand held.

The installment is not as intimidating as it seems. Just don't forget to use some plumbers tape to ensure no leakage.

It took about 1 1/2 weeks for my hair to stop breaking. The damage was that far gone.

Glad you found out about this..

That's the cool thing about it. I just screwed it on to the shower head( from looking at pics on the manufacturers website, I might have installed it at the wrong location, but whatever....it's holding with no tape etc.

I am also glad I found out about it.

I just returned from Lowe's where I picked up a shower filter and replacement filter. As I was checking out, the cashier said "You'll love this, it's the same one I use. You will be able to tell the difference right away". Hubby just finished installing it, so after I shower, I will post back with my thoughts :yep:.

Home Depot website has lots of filters listed and most of them have free shipping!!

I got a Sprite filter (the one with the detachable shower handle) last January, and I absolutely love it. I told my mom about it, and she definitely notices the difference. I now have one in my new apartment as well, but just the regular shower head. The water in Durham was turning my SO's shower curtain and tub pink within 2 weeks of being bleached before we installed the filter, but the pink has not returned since we put in the Sprite filter. It's the greatest!

Yep, my hair and I feel a difference after using the shower filter. My hair is almost silky feeling and my skin feels smooth, if that makes sense.

I live in the Austin TX area and I absolutely LOVE MINE:) It is well worth my purchase for skin and hair:)

I invested in a filter early on in my HHJ, it makes a big difference imo. You do need to change them quite regularly though.

alright ya'll. I've got to get one of these things. I thought that i was paranoid, but this water in Texas is hard as hell!!! I'm terrified that my hair is breaking off. It is totally dry and my skin is dry and itchy (no matter what types of butter/lotion/crisco I use!!!! :)

I tried to get one of these, but the apartment complex has done something to the shower head to make it difficult for me to remove it. What should I do?! I need one of these things in my life!

Justice Fighter ask the apt manager if you buy one will they install it for you. It shouldn't be that big of a deal. Let her know how the hard water is affecting you.

I got the Sprite shower filter, it was $20 and the replacement filter was $10.00

Justice Fighter ask the apt manager if you buy one will they install it for you. It shouldn't be that big of a deal. Let her know how the hard water is affecting you.
I agree. I have the Sprite and it was easy to install and change out the filter.

justicefighter1913 you need this in your life. This is the best, best thing I ever bought for my hair and skin......My steamer is 2nd.

Ok, I just un-wrapped my hair after using the filter last night and all I can say is "WOW". My hair is so soft and smooth and just feels awesome. I will never run out of filters, I'm going back to Lowe's and pick up the 2 I left last night:lachen:.

Back