Hard water, mineral deposits and chelating?? HELP!!!!!!!

Im sure alot of you ladies live in well water areas esp if your country girls,, Im moving very soo from NYC to upstate NY and im fearful of the possibilty of hard water and the deposits,, i ordered 4 chelating poos already lol... anyone have hard water and how do you deal with it?? Does acv remove mineral deposits?? HELPP!!!

Im sure alot of you ladies live in well water areas esp if your country girls,, Im moving very soo from NYC to upstate NY and im fearful of the possibilty of hard water and the deposits,, i ordered 4 chelating poos already lol... anyone have hard water and how do you deal with it?? Does acv remove mineral deposits?? HELPP!!!

I live in AZ where the water is very hard. Using distilled water helps :yep:
You could just use regular water to rinse your poo and conditioner out then use distilled water out as a final rinse. It will make a difference.
There were a couple of threads about this recently but the d@mn search isn't working for me :perplexed

how can you determine weather or not you have hard water?

hardnessmap.gif

http://www.chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com/hardwater.htm

That's coo but it doesn't tell you what the colors stand for. I live in MD so I think my water is SOFT.:drunk: what is soft water?

I use distilled water to rinse my hair. Chelating shampooing are very drying.
Also get a shower head filter. They don't remove hard water but they do
remove chlorine which helps. Chlorine and hard water really really don't play
nice with hair. :rolleyes:

You will notice such a difference in your hair after you use a chelating shampoo-if you have hard water in your area. My experience with a chelating shampoo didn't dry out my hair at all-in fact it felt like I was washing my hair with conditioner (which I've actually tried and hated it!!!), but it actually cleaned my hair. I actually had brown rust colored water rinsing out of my hair. I used Fantastic Sam's Fantastic Clean clarifying shampoo (triple chelating). I have lived in MI for seven years and boy, I still feel a difference in my hair when I use it (1x every 4wks). Good luck to you!

When I lived in AZ, I purchased a shower filter. That helped tremendously! It was 20 dollars at Home Depot.

Back